Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Production Car Care Products??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-09, 08:45 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Production Car Care Products??

Hello All,

I have been on CL for quite some time but I am new to this forum and have been doing quite a bit of research and not so much posting as there is a wealth of information in this forum. basically, i want to start detailing my car and obtain a "professional" look without having to spend $200 to get it detailed by someone else. I am looking into random orbital buffers and what waxes, polishes, etc to use. i know you have your standard meguiars/zaino products but i came across a line of car care products that is supposedly very good, Production Car Care. i did a search in this forum, but turned up no results (unless i was using the wrong key words). their web-site is, http://www.cleancarproducts.com/index.php . now i know that there are probably thousands of choices when it comes to car detailing, but what intrigued me about these products was that i was able to see some of their products being used on a couple youtube clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SGsa...eature=related and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0_JW...eature=related as for the prices, i think they are somewhat more expensive than others. anyone have any input/experience with these products? Any input is GREATLY appreciated
Old 05-03-09, 12:09 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never heard of them before.

Where in NJ are you btw?
Old 05-03-09, 05:45 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Jackson, NJ (think six flags)... yourself?
Old 05-03-09, 06:00 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmph, that little poser still did not enable the comments. Avoid this guy at all costs man, his "professional" reviews are little more than comparisons against Consumer Grade products. Me, and plenty other detailers who had the slightest idea what was going on commented and destroyed the credibility of his tests. He had the nerve of deleting and disabling most of the comments in his videos as a result.

My advice, if you want to buy professional products that pits their products against another, make sure the products are aimed at "professionals", not consumers. That is the major mistake that man did. Support our Detailing Sponsors, they know how to do things the right way
Old 05-03-09, 06:18 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Hmph, that little poser still did not enable the comments. Avoid this guy at all costs man, his "professional" reviews are little more than comparisons against Consumer Grade products. Me, and plenty other detailers who had the slightest idea what was going on commented and destroyed the credibility of his tests. He had the nerve of deleting and disabling most of the comments in his videos as a result.

My advice, if you want to buy professional products that pits their products against another, make sure the products are aimed at "professionals", not consumers. That is the major mistake that man did. Support our Detailing Sponsors, they know how to do things the right way
if you dont mind, can you explain what you mean? i think i know what you are trying to say, but not certain. as for the CL detail vendors, i have spent quite a bit of time on their sites and will make a purchase soon. still gathering some info. thanks for the heads up, i will steer clear of these guys tho
Old 05-03-09, 07:46 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

He was always saying that his Professional products are beating competitors Consumer Grade products. Usually thats a given in the manufacturing world. Take ColorX for example, IIRC its hand only at the time of the video, yet they used it with a rotary and somehow came out with better results with ColorX (hard to catch but the guy polishing states it) than the Production Car Care polish lol

Its just a bunch of unprofessional reviews from Phil Boeler thats all. He distorts the truth in many ways. He would be rolling in $$ if it werent for the fact that everyone called him out on it in his vids.
Old 05-04-09, 01:09 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by varcity64
as for the CL detail vendors, i have spent quite a bit of time on their sites and will make a purchase soon. still gathering some info.
Please let me know if I can help you with any part of your detailing process. I've helped a ton of customers find the products that best meet "your" particular detailing goals. If you need any assistance don't hesitate to post, PM or e-mail me. Good Luck!

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-04-09, 09:48 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by varcity64
Jackson, NJ (think six flags)... yourself?
actually not too far from there. I'm a little further north, exit 11 off the tpke and 137 off the pkwy. I'll shoot you a pm in a few
Old 05-04-09, 10:19 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I use Production at work, their cleaners and body shine work as they should but their waxes for the exception of their paste stuff - I haven't used the rest, we only use AX-313 is decent at the least. It powders like nothing else. I've haven't used their compounds. Production serves mostly NorCal, but I think between Production and P&S, P&S blows Production away.

Production's chemistries are from the 1970's. I refuse to use their dressings as they're silicone and petroleum distillate rich. I wouldn't use them for more than cleaning and exteriors.

/edit - I used some of their Phase II cleaner/wax over the weekend. It actually works quite well FWIW.

Last edited by nthach; 05-11-09 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-23-10, 01:52 AM
tonynca
Driver

These guys seem kind of shady. Their website charges customers twice for tax. Once at the checkout, again at the paypal screen. Anyone try the quick detailer trim & bumper stuff? Is that any good, can you guys recommend me something better? They are charging me about $10/each with tax + shipping.
Old 11-23-10, 06:23 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

A bit of advice from an old detailer.

It's important to not get too hung up on the products but to pay attention to process and technique.

A good detailer with excellent products will get excellent looking results.
A good detailer with average products will get excellent looking results.
A poor detailer with average products will get poor looking results.
A poor detailer with excellent products will get poor looking results.

I good detailer can get stunning looking results with almost any product on almost any car. The key is in the preparation and attention to detail. Good tools will help here but in a good detailer's hands you'd be hard pressed to accurately say what polish or wax was used on a detail.

To become a good detailer you need to detail cars. There is no substitute for experience and technique and these only come through time. A good buffer shortens the prep time a lot but the process is what works.
Old 11-23-10, 10:20 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tonynca
These guys seem kind of shady. Their website charges customers twice for tax. Once at the checkout, again at the paypal screen. Anyone try the quick detailer trim & bumper stuff? Is that any good, can you guys recommend me something better? They are charging me about $10/each with tax + shipping.
Not sure what business you are referring to but we would be happy to help you out at www.DetailedImage.com. We have a huge Exterior Trim section to help you out with. Let me know what surfaces you are looking to care for and your goal (i.e. cleaning, protection, shine, cost, ease of use, etc.) and I'll provide a recommendation that I think best fits your needs. We also offer forum members 10% off with the coupon code 10offCL. We are also offering 25% off through 11/29 with the coupon code Thanks10.

Greg @ DI

Last edited by Greg@DI; 11-24-10 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-23-10, 11:42 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Remember about our Thanksgiving Sale going on right now ( savings and free shipping ). I'm always here at PAC to help all members out in any detailing related product and on how to use it.
Old 11-24-10, 05:47 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Support the vendors on this forum. They offer great products, good prices and excellent advice.

Watch the videos again. In the first, the spectator picks one side then the other side of the two doors. Which does he really prefer? ColorX may not be a good choice for that particular paint.

In the second video, they compare two different types of products. The Meguiar's detailer should be used on a well prepared finish, it is not intended as a polish or a cleaner.

Stick with the folks here, you won't and can't go wrong.
Old 11-27-10, 09:05 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the results look the same =\ this guy's dope

Quick Reply: Production Car Care Products??