Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

dog bit my bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-09, 11:48 AM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default dog bit my bumper

so my friends are not really car people and are saying this is minor, but to me it is really noticeable and bothers me a lot.

A week ago my buddy's dog bit my bumper a few times leaving gashes and indentions in several place near the fog lights and front fender well. None of the bites went completely through the bumper, a few did penetrate the fender liner, but that is not visible.

I know you guys here are detail freaks and will think this is pretty major damage. Do you know of anything that can fix this short of a new bumper? heat and remold? fill and touch up paint? anything?

there are a few bite marks that cant be seen in these pictures, but the worst of it is shown in the pics

Thanks,

oh btw, this is on a 2IS.
Old 05-04-09, 12:27 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

I love dogs but that one would have gotten stuck in the face. Sorry I would not know what to use to fix that.

Last edited by Chancellor; 05-04-09 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-04-09, 12:30 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by moo_juice
so my friends are not really car people and are saying this is minor
Yeah, easy for them to say. It's not their car.

But at least that dog has good taste (get it?) in automobiles

Seriously tho...hope you're able to get it fixed up...at the dog owner's expense!

Last edited by Lexucan; 05-04-09 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-04-09, 12:38 PM
moo_juice
Intermediate

a repaint will not fix this. there are some pretty deep grooves and gashes that need to be molded or filled in with something.

on a side note, i side swiped the dog owners tacoma while i was trying to avoid his dumbass dog on the left side. so were just calling it even on that subject.
Old 05-04-09, 02:42 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by moo_juice
a repaint will not fix this. there are some pretty deep grooves and gashes that need to be molded or filled in with something.

on a side note, i side swiped the dog owners tacoma while i was trying to avoid his dumbass dog on the left side. so were just calling it even on that subject.
It is still not even because it was the owners dog who caused you to have to sideswipe his Tacoma to avoid the dog. If his dog was properly restrained or properly trained/disciplined it would not be attacking people or their cars and damaging their property or causing you do damage their Tacoma trying to avoid the dog.

If the dog had attacked you and bit your leg and the only way to get away
is to run on top of his car and in turn denting it, it is still the owners fault for not having a properly restrained and trained aggressive dog even if you had to damage his property to stop the attack. I just dislike irresponsible dog owners, especially ones that have aggressive dogs that end up attacking people, their property, or other pets and then the dog owners think it is not their fault what happened and don't take responsibility.

From the looks of it, it is going to be tough to repair and your friend should still offer to repair it and pay for the damages his pet caused. I hope it was not a residential neighborhood that owner lives in because a dog that aggressive that goes and attacks and bites a car is a recipe for disaster/mauling.
Old 05-04-09, 04:12 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

I've never heard of a dog attacking/biting a car. And I agree with UDel, go after the dog's owner for damage repairs. Good luck with the fix.