Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What Wax do You Guys Use For Your Cars.?.?.?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-09, 01:42 PM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swissvax
Lusso Oro
Old 05-16-09, 01:52 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Waxes have carnuba, which comes from a jungle plant, in them which gives them that deeper wetter look and it is generally more expensive to obtain and add a properly processed carnuba into the wax mixture which is why they generally cost more. The downside is waxes are mainly for looks and most don't protect as well or last nearly as long as a sealant but there are exceptions like Colonite 476S which lasts/protects longer and better then just about any sealant.

Many high end designer waxes are really just way overpriced and you are just paying for the name, fancy container/package the wax came in, smell of the wax, or percentage/purity of how much carnuba they claim is in the wax which is usually marketing BS. The designer wax itself looks/lasts/protects no better then say Poorboys Natty Blue, P21S, or Pinnacle Souvran. From what I have read Pinnacle Souvran is about as good as it gets for looks on dark colored cars and at around $80-$90 it is about the most you should pay for a high quality wax but bear in mind it still does not protect very well nor lasts very long when you compare it to a good sealant like Jeff Werkstatt, Zaino, Klass, etc. I like to have a base layer of a good sealant process like Zaino or JW and then if I want a little more depth/warmness I will add a layer of Natty Blue wax or if I want another layer of ultimate protection/durability and slicker looks I will add a coat of Colonite 476S.
Very well said. That's why I stick with my NXT Cheap, easy to buy, and it works.
Old 05-16-09, 04:16 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver

Meguiars NXT TechWax 2.0
Old 05-16-09, 04:18 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Butter wet wax.... n for some reason im not really happy with it =/ anyone else use this?
Old 05-16-09, 04:25 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver

Wow... Most post say Swissvax. I personally never heard of it. So I do some research. And I would have never imagine some thing so small and eventually would go away can be so expensive!
Old 05-16-09, 04:26 PM
United #10
Pole Position

I used Meguiar's NXT 2.0.

Is anyone try Meguiar's sealant #21 2.0 yet?
Old 05-16-09, 05:20 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eyezack87
I somehow get the feeling I'm one of the very few to try the UK waxes....SN and RBOE...haha
coughcough
Wait there's a new #21 sealant?
Hmnn I need to finish my old one up first
Old 05-16-09, 05:25 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UDel
Waxes have carnuba, which comes from a jungle plant, in them which gives them that deeper wetter look and it is generally more expensive to obtain and add a properly processed carnuba into the wax mixture which is why they generally cost more. The downside is waxes are mainly for looks and most don't protect as well or last nearly as long as a sealant but there are exceptions like Colonite 476S which lasts/protects longer and better then just about any sealant.

Many high end designer waxes are really just way overpriced and you are just paying for the name, fancy container/package the wax came in, smell of the wax, or percentage/purity of how much carnuba they claim is in the wax which is usually marketing BS. The designer wax itself looks/lasts/protects no better then say Poorboys Natty Blue, P21S, or Pinnacle Souvran. From what I have read Pinnacle Souvran is about as good as it gets for looks on dark colored cars and at around $80-$90 it is about the most you should pay for a high quality wax but bear in mind it still does not protect very well nor lasts very long when you compare it to a good sealant like Jeff Werkstatt, Zaino, Klass, etc. I like to have a base layer of a good sealant process like Zaino or JW and then if I want a little more depth/warmness I will add a layer of Natty Blue wax or if I want another layer of ultimate protection/durability and slicker looks I will add a coat of Colonite 476S.
The type of reflection is different that you get, same with beading characteristics.

But most boutique waxes are in-deed just glamour waxes.You can have a jar of 100-200 dollar wax perform as well as the uber expensive zymol/swissvax.

For most of the waxes I use to pinch more life, it needs to be topped with 885(larger version of 476S) but it mutes the gloss. or Jetseal109

P21 works decently (well the 100%) and Natty's Blue I have decent luck with but its longevity is not too good

I like using sovereign on my own car even though I do own Swissvax concourse due to the better bang for the buck, but its longevity sucks as well.

Rubbishboys OE and Supernatural V2 are both fine waxes as well
Old 05-16-09, 06:42 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

PGP over DWG works great for me
Old 05-16-09, 08:21 PM
MyfirstES
Driver

For some reason, I'm really liking the look of my car after a coat of Collinite 845!
Old 05-16-09, 10:16 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Try doing 915...it doesn't mute as much..
Old 05-16-09, 10:23 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I stopped waxing my car a long time ago, but back when I did Pinnacle Souveran was what I used.
Old 05-18-09, 08:39 AM
MyfirstES
Driver

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Try doing 915...it doesn't mute as much..
Sorry, but educate me as to "mute." Do you mean the 915 gives off more of a shine or "pop?"
Old 05-23-09, 03:00 AM
SEVY B
Driver

I use Meguiar's NXT generation Tech Wax 2.0
Old 05-23-09, 05:35 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MyfirstES
Sorry, but educate me as to "mute." Do you mean the 915 gives off more of a shine or "pop?"
Jay forgot to answer again

Muting flakes is pretty much dulling them down. Some make it "pop" which enhances the look and the ones that mute dulls it a little bit. Hope that helps

Quick Reply: What Wax do You Guys Use For Your Cars.?.?.?