Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What Wax do You Guys Use For Your Cars.?.?.?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-09, 10:24 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Poorboy's Natty's White, LOVE the look but doesn't endure the elements well. However, I've got Natty's on the Prius and it survived a NorCal winter even though it's a garage queen.

Production AX-313 or P&S Hi-Tone Glaze, even though I think Production's chemistries are sorely antiquated, it works suprisingly well, and works like a paste wax - but it's liquefied to be easy to apply.
Old 05-24-09, 12:08 PM
deepsea48
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use INSULATOR WAX No. 845
Old 05-24-09, 01:05 PM
2000LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Mostly meguires brown bottle a #2 then a 2,7 combo followed by the tech wax.
Old 05-25-09, 02:15 PM
Daniel N
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Colonite 476S all the way...
Old 05-26-09, 08:46 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

If you really want durability try a sealant instead of those a natural wax the like the Poorboy's World Natty's White Paste Wax. Sealants are designed to last much longer and they are very easy to use. The Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 and the Blackfire Wet Diamond w/polycharger are two extremely durable sealants. You can layer a wax on top of them for more gloss and protection as well.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-27-09, 08:53 AM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

can't you apply sealant and wax together??
Old 05-27-09, 09:22 AM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JKA.nyc
can't you apply sealant and wax together??
sure. Its not really going to increase durability though. Most would do that to get some durability from the sealant, but looks from the carnauba. If you're looking for durability and looks out of a wax, I'd point you to the Collinite line. It outdoes some sealants and looks great too
Old 05-27-09, 12:14 PM
djb5118
Lead Lap

ive been using the zaino products with great success....

sorry for the iphone pic, but you get the point
Old 05-27-09, 12:26 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chris@GlimmerGlass
sure. Its not really going to increase durability though. Most would do that to get some durability from the sealant, but looks from the carnauba. If you're looking for durability and looks out of a wax, I'd point you to the Collinite line. It outdoes some sealants and looks great too
I see.... so what would you recommend for just maximum shine? I'm currently using Meguiars NXT 2.0 wax but I'm not sure whether it's for shine or durability. And come winter time would applying more than one coat of the collinite do any good?
Old 05-27-09, 04:00 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

I see.... so what would you recommend for just maximum shine? I'm currently using Meguiars NXT 2.0 wax but I'm not sure whether it's for shine or durability. And come winter time would applying more than one coat of the collinite do any good?
For maximum shine/gloss/looks, polish out the car if you haven't done that. Roughly 95%ish of a vehicles "wetness" is due to the prep. If you polished it well, you'll see better results than just slapping on a super wet wax on an unpolished swirled up car

Collinite 845 has pretty good gloss and durability as long as the car is prepped right. Most report great durability from 1 coat but some do 2 just in case
Old 05-27-09, 04:23 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@GlimmerGlass
I've layered Natty's over Klasse Acrylic Sealer Glaze on my mom's Sienna, is that OK too?
Old 05-27-09, 06:23 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eyezack87
For maximum shine/gloss/looks, polish out the car if you haven't done that. Roughly 95%ish of a vehicles "wetness" is due to the prep. If you polished it well, you'll see better results than just slapping on a super wet wax on an unpolished swirled up car

Collinite 845 has pretty good gloss and durability as long as the car is prepped right. Most report great durability from 1 coat but some do 2 just in case
nice thanks
Old 05-27-09, 06:34 PM
Sheehan1p
★ I

Originally Posted by djb5118
ive been using the zaino products with great success....

sorry for the iphone pic, but you get the point
wow that really looks nice
Old 05-27-09, 07:14 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eyezack87

Agreed. Polishing is really going to help. Even doing something like P21s Paintwork Cleanser is really going to increase the appearance and you dont need a machine to do it.

476s is very durable with just one coat. I dont think you need to do 2 coats w/ 476s honestly, however, there wouldnt be anything wrong w/ doing so.
Old 05-27-09, 07:15 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nthach
I've layered Natty's over Klasse Acrylic Sealer Glaze on my mom's Sienna, is that OK too?
Yep, thats ok

Quick Reply: What Wax do You Guys Use For Your Cars.?.?.?