Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

My experience with poorboy's products

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 10:23 AM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My experience with poorboy's products

DISCLAIMER: This is really my first experience with a PC 7424.

Ok, so I got the PC for my birthday last year and just got around to using it on my 2 cars ('06 SGM IS350 and 07 BMW 325 Coupe.. medium gray color).

The process I used was
Wash
Clay bar
PC with Poorboy's SSR2.5 @ speed 5, white pad
PC with poorboy's SSR1 @ speed 5, white pad
finish by hand with Poorboy's EXP sealant

The PC rocks, definitely makes the polishing job easier. The thing I noticed (and not too sure how these polishes compare to others since it's my first time polishing) is that the Poorboy's creates a TON of dust.

Perhaps this was my technique? Too much polish??

I dunno, but I will say that the dust is a PITA since I don't have good means to blow it off (ie no compressor available).

The outcome was pretty good. I probably could have used a few more passes with the 2.5 in a few areas.

Lastly, the EXP is pretty hard to get off. On the bottle it states that leaving it on for 30-60 minutes will provide a deeper shine... well that may be true, but it also becomes super hard to buff out. I found residual spots for like 2 days because the crap was hard to get off and the lighting in my garage was not optimal.

For the 2nd car I buffed out the EXP after it dried to a haze. It was much easier to get off, but still much harder to buff out than any wax I've ever used.

Anyway, overall I liked the Poorboy's products but I think next time I'll step it up to Menzerna or others, I have heard they create less dust.
Old 05-29-09, 12:40 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Menzerna dusts too...a lot...lol. I found myself a "Zymol" styled wool duster to use as a result. Helps when I'm working on cars
Old 05-29-09, 12:41 PM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is this wool duster?