Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Anyone Ever Try This (BuyWaterJet)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-09, 09:47 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone Ever Try This (BuyWaterJet)

i want to purchase pressure washer to use for cleaning my car only (no other real needs at the moment). and i am a firm believer in, you get what you pay for, but anyone have any experience with this BuyWaterJet ?seems like it could be just what i need but i dont want to waste $30 on something that is junk. opinions?
Old 08-08-09, 09:55 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

found some answers on yahoo
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5130748AAwSPNU

i think its alright, prob better to go with costco's water jet wand thing that comes with more accessories
Old 08-08-09, 11:30 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I'd have to say IMO, it's not worth the money. I've watched the adds on TV and didn't see it do anything that a brass nozzle wouldn't do as well. Looks like a lot of marketing jibberish to me. The unit you mention is no better than your water pressure. You can get the same pressure with a small brass nozzle or a fireman's nozzle.

I'd suggest getting a real pressure washer. I have been through a my share of cheap pressure washers and this spring I bought Husky H2000 unit at Home Depot. It was on sale for $120 and has a three year warranty. It has two soap tanks. I fill one with car wash soap and the other with apc. The unit has three pressure settings, low for applying car wash foam to the paint and apc to the tires and wheel wells, medium for pressure washing paint and tires and high for things like wheel wells and undercarriage.

Considering the price it has worked very well. I use it to clean cars and trucks as well as ponds, waterfalls, fountains and three decks on my property. So far it has held up very nicely compared to some other electric models I've owned.

This model delivers up to 1,800 psi. Your hose nozzle will deliver somewhere in the 40-60 psi range depending on your water pressure. That's not enough pressure to do anything useful, IMO and they should not be calling it a high-pressure washer.
Old 08-10-09, 09:13 PM
Motil10108
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
I'd have to say IMO, it's not worth the money. I've watched the adds on TV and didn't see it do anything that a brass nozzle wouldn't do as well. Looks like a lot of marketing jibberish to me. The unit you mention is no better than your water pressure. You can get the same pressure with a small brass nozzle or a fireman's nozzle.

I'd suggest getting a real pressure washer. I have been through a my share of cheap pressure washers and this spring I bought Husky H2000 unit at Home Depot. It was on sale for $120 and has a three year warranty. It has two soap tanks. I fill one with car wash soap and the other with apc. The unit has three pressure settings, low for applying car wash foam to the paint and apc to the tires and wheel wells, medium for pressure washing paint and tires and high for things like wheel wells and undercarriage.

Considering the price it has worked very well. I use it to clean cars and trucks as well as ponds, waterfalls, fountains and three decks on my property. So far it has held up very nicely compared to some other electric models I've owned.

This model delivers up to 1,800 psi. Your hose nozzle will deliver somewhere in the 40-60 psi range depending on your water pressure. That's not enough pressure to do anything useful, IMO and they should not be calling it a high-pressure washer.
I agree, you could pick up one of those brass nozzles at Home depot, lowes, etc... for ~$1.50 and it would work the same as the Water Jet except you'll be missing the whole wand part. I have one of those nozzles and i assume it works the same as the 30 dollar waterjet.