Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zaino system and carwash question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-09, 05:44 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino system and carwash question

I know that with the Zaino system, initially, you need to use Dawn detergent to wash off any wax, etc on the car then use the Zaino system. After which, you just use the Z7 car wash soap everytime.

Does anyone know if you need to redo the process all over again if you drive your car through a touchless car wash system (Sunoco)? Sometimes, I think this is necessary for a quick wash to get rid of bugs and dust when time is very limited to do a nice Zaino wash and polish.

Please let me know if this os OK or will I need to do the initial wash all over again?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-19-09, 10:04 PM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dawn and claybar strip off old wax and basically prep your car for more polishing/waxing. The Zaino carwash soap is supposed to be good for your car in that the soap has no harmful agents. It does not protect your car. If you run your car through another car wash, there's no need to strip off whatever protection you put on it with another Dawn and claybar process - unless I'm missing something from your post.
Old 08-20-09, 06:35 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

If you are asking whether a touchless wash will strip Zaino then the answer is no, sort of. Not familiar with the Sunoco system but if they are completely touchless they should be ok for occasional use.

The touchless washes I'm familiar with do use a stronger soap than you would use at home with Z7. But a few runs through won't remove your Zaino, or not much of it. I'd suggest using Z6, or better Z8, after any wash which will restore the original slickness to the paint. This should only take 5-10 minutes for a quick once over of the paint.
Old 08-28-09, 12:33 PM
Feb30th
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the question is since automatic car wash apply some kind of wax/protectant, is it necessary to strip it with Dawn again next time you apply Zaino? I would like to know that as well.
Old 08-28-09, 03:03 PM
Lanson
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I never do. I suspect that wax breaks down into nothingness in a few days anyway. Also, consider opting out of those treatments, you don't need it with Zaino.

BTW, I recently ordered Z8 and used it. Damn that stuff is nice! Smells really good as well, like all Zaino products.

But....Sal Zaino welcomes direct contact by email or phone, where I'm sure he'll answer your question properly.