Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

FW1 Racing Formula Cleaning Wax with Carnuba

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-09, 01:30 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FW1 Racing Formula Cleaning Wax with Carnuba

I went to fill up gas a couple weeks ago at 76. Guy walked up to me as i filled up my tank, he offered me some of this FW1 Racing Formula Cleaning Wax, My car was filthy at the time, he claimed that this spray would wash/wax your car at the same time. I didn't believe him so he sprayed a portion of my hood and wiped it with a microfiber cloth, that specific spot looked like it has just been waxed. He did the same thing to one of my wheels which had a bunch of dust. He wiped his finger along the black dust and tried to rub it on the spot that he sprayed, none of it would stick. I guess this stuff keeps dirt away or something. So anyways i bought 2 bottles for 20$ and he gave me 6 Microfiber cloths for free.

I decided to use it on my whole car when i got home, i had a friend help me, within 15 minutes the whole vehicle looked like it had just been waxed, i didn't have to rinse out all the dust. So far im really impressed with this, 1 Bottle is suppose to allow you to wash a regular car at least 5 times.

Just wanted to know your guys opinion on this or if anybody else has tried this, I washed it nearly a week ago and surprisingly it still looks rather clean than it usually would after a week of washing it. My rims have no dirt, or at least nothing to noticeable.

Check out their site.
http://www.fw1shine.com/
Its the first bottle on the page.
Old 09-02-09, 10:24 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

to be honest, i am skeptical to say the least. simply spraying something on a dirty car and using a MF towel to clean it is not unheard of, but if done improperly, will leave a bunch of scratches all over your car. if that doesnt bother you, then this product should work for you. also, looking at their web-site, 2 bottles for $20 and 6 MF towels, you made out with a great deal
Old 09-02-09, 01:46 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tried something like this in the past but it was branded for a different company. Was impressed at the time but not anymore. Its a decent starting point though
Old 09-02-09, 09:49 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts

How ironic. I saw those guys like few days ago in Lake Forest at an Arco station.