Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New Product Announcement! Headlight Restoration Kit!>>>

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-09, 08:22 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Product Announcement! Headlight Restoration Kit!>>>

This is perfect for anyone who is in need of restoring headlights/taillights, or wants to offer it to their customers. I've tested the product on both headlights & taillights (pics attached), and give it 2 thumbs way up

Headlight Restoration Kit

Now, some info on it. First, it doesnt require any power tools, buffers, pads, compounds, etc. The kit comes neatly packaged with step by step instructions that anyone can follow. Really very easy. It comes w/ everything required to do the job. Wetsand paper, lube, cleaner, and sealant (plus a little more, but thats the guts of the kit). The results absolutely fantastic! When I tested the product, it didnt take me very long to do the lenses. Both headlights took about 35-40 mins and the one brake light lens took me about 10-15 mins. I've done stuff like this too many times to count, so someone who may be doing this for the first time, give yourself an hour to an hour and a half to do a set of headlights.

Before and Afters:

Heres the 3rd brake light lens from my own s10. One thing I have to point out... those 2 large defects in the lens. Apparently, the last owner put bulbs that were too hot in there and it melted the damn plastic Thats why it looks that way, and unfortunately, nothing I can do about it, short of purchasing a new lens. Anyway, this thing was oxidized to all hell and had some scratching in it as well. I ran some professional polish over the center real quick just so you can see the difference.

I've since done the taillights too. Here was a side by side comparison.

Now, heres the same lens after its been cleaned up using the Headlight Restoration KitHeadlight Restoration Kit

Ok, that worked well! How about on headlights though? I just happened to have the perfect candidate My neighbor has a very neglected Taurus. I cornered him when he came home and asked if he was willing to donate his vehicle for product testing purposes. He had no problems. Said it was mine for whatever I needed. Sweet.

BEFORE:

AFTERS:

Then the word got out, and we started receiving calls to do this to more vehicles! Heres a couple pics from a lady who wanted her headlights cleaned up on her BMW. These werent as bad as the Ford's above, but they Definitely needed some attention!
(note: kinda tough to tell b/c of the reflections in the lenses, but the amber section gives good representation)

After:

Old 09-26-09, 07:02 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for $30, this is a no brainer for those that need this done. lucky for me, im not one of them, but i will pass the word if i know anyone wants this done
Old 09-26-09, 01:42 PM
scooter58
Lexus Test Driver

wow.. that came out really really good.

will let some peeps know about this.
Old 09-28-09, 08:45 AM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by varcity64
for $30, this is a no brainer for those that need this done. lucky for me, im not one of them, but i will pass the word if i know anyone wants this done
Originally Posted by scooter58
wow.. that came out really really good.

will let some peeps know about this.
Thanks guys!! I agree, the results are outstanding. Especially for such an easy to use product and it is priced just right too