Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Polish and Wax before applying ClearBra?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-09, 01:29 PM
WonTonDude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polish and Wax before applying ClearBra?

Should I have the front of the car polished and waxed before i apply the clear bra?

My headlights/foglights are not smooth anymore and have some pitted, should i apply the clear bra on that too? or have it restored and than apply the clear bra?
Old 10-13-09, 07:13 PM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WonTonDude
Should I have the front of the car polished and waxed before i apply the clear bra?

My headlights/foglights are not smooth anymore and have some pitted, should i apply the clear bra on that too? or have it restored and than apply the clear bra?
Every clear film application we do gets paint correction. I know some will say it's ridiculous...but IMHO, putting film on a surface that has imperfections, contaminants, and improper preparation can detract from the full optical clarity of the film being applied. So at the very least, clay and polish the film...no need for wax. And yes...clean up the headlights and cover them as well.
Old 10-13-09, 09:23 PM
Olskool53
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Every clear film application we do gets paint correction. I know some will say it's ridiculous...but IMHO, putting film on a surface that has imperfections, contaminants, and improper preparation can detract from the full optical clarity of the film being applied. So at the very least, clay and polish the film...no need for wax. And yes...clean up the headlights and cover them as well.
+1

I couldnt of said it any better!!....I would only add that if you have any chips or nicks in the paint and you know how to properly fill them, I would address that as well. This way visually the "Invisible Bra" will look even that much better. Just be sure that you are not sloppy with the touch up, or have an expert perform this service for you, its worth it!!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-14-09 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-13-09, 11:33 PM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Olskool53
+1

I couldnt of said it any better!!....I would only add that if you have any chips or nicks in the paint and you know how to properly fill them, I would address that as well. This way visually the "Invisible Bra" will look even that much better. Just be sure that you are not sloppy with the touch up, or have an expert perform this service for you, its worth it!!

Dave @ Innovative
Forgot about that point Dave...since the newer technology films are so transparent, you'll still notice rock chips underneath the film. Touching up nicks here and there is worth the time and effort.