Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo Detail

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-09, 10:49 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Bully
wow nice job i just blows my mind that the paint would b in that kind of shape from the factory. that interior is just art work
I felt the same way after seeing the pics.. Brand new car and ll those scratches? They looked like light scratches but still.. Shouldn't have been like that IMO..

Great detail from MoeMistry... THere are some great Detailing venders on CL that do a tremendous job on these cars.. Nice work..
Old 10-26-09, 07:40 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Moe, amazing work there. can i ask a question regarding your process? When you treat the door jambs, how do you clean them? Do you wipe the spray off? do you rinse with water? just wondering. thanks
Old 10-26-09, 07:51 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how you polish in 3hrs LOL I took well over 22hrs for a wash, clay, 2 step polish and sealant
Old 10-27-09, 12:24 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I don't know how you polish in 3hrs LOL I took well over 22hrs for a wash, clay, 2 step polish and sealant
My usual paint corrections alone can easily take 10-15 hours++...this was a 1-stage polish to get most of the unwanted dealer swirls out. The paint wasn't corrected 100%, I'd say about 90% to be safe. I thought I could minimize the damage by polishing by hand, but once I did a section, it wasn't to my liking. With my rep on the line, I decided to do a one-stage to make a drastic improvement and still stay within budget and timeline.
Old 10-27-09, 12:28 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by varcity64
Moe, amazing work there. can i ask a question regarding your process? When you treat the door jambs, how do you clean them? Do you wipe the spray off? do you rinse with water? just wondering. thanks
Excellent question.

1. Spray door jams with P21S Total Auto Wash and allow to dwell for about 10 minutes
http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...to-wash/Detail

2. Agitate the area sprayed with swissvax wheel brush
http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...C-wheel/Detail

3. Rinse using deionized water with a gentle spray so the interior doesn't get wet
http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...High%2C/Detail

4. Dry using a forced air blower
http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...-2200AM/Detail

5. Condition door jams using einszett Spray Wax
http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...nish%2C/Detail

Hope this helps
Old 10-27-09, 12:30 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I felt the same way after seeing the pics.. Brand new car and ll those scratches? They looked like light scratches but still.. Shouldn't have been like that IMO..

Great detail from MoeMistry... THere are some great Detailing venders on CL that do a tremendous job on these cars.. Nice work..
Thank you for taking the time to check out this thread and I appreciate the kind words. Now pass on the knowledge to to others
Old 12-03-09, 05:18 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I saw this panamera today, and I knew I've seen pictures of it before. It is still looking good.
Old 12-03-09, 09:44 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

3 hours to polish the whole car w/ SIP using a Flex @ speed 5.5. WOW! That's mad skills. No pun intended. IIRC, if you used SIP, don't you need to follow up with a finer polish afterwards like a P0116FA or P085RD to remove the haze from the SIP?
Old 12-04-09, 12:25 AM
AceVA
Driver

Wow, that was in bad shape.

I've ordered many new cars from the factory -- part of the deal is always "call me as it's being rolled off the truck." I take it as-is, with the film, stickers, plastic and dirt on it and only I give it its first wash, clay, polish and sealant. It's a fun, satisfying project anyway.

Nice work!
Old 12-04-09, 07:09 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AceVA
Wow, that was in bad shape.

I've ordered many new cars from the factory -- part of the deal is always "call me as it's being rolled off the truck." I take it as-is, with the film, stickers, plastic and dirt on it and only I give it its first wash, clay, polish and sealant. It's a fun, satisfying project anyway.

Nice work!
That's fantastic. I wish everyone either did it themself or had a reputable detailer start the car on the right foot. Congrats on the new car and make sure you post the final shots when done detailing.
Old 12-05-09, 01:41 PM
UrbnSC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woow that's beautiful! I like the how you used the brush to clean out polish residue! Nice tip! BTW do you just leave the polish on the car for a few minute before you wipe it off?
Old 12-05-09, 05:33 PM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by UrbnSC
Woow that's beautiful! I like the how you used the brush to clean out polish residue! Nice tip! BTW do you just leave the polish on the car for a few minute before you wipe it off?
It depends on the polishing stage. For the most part, I polish the whole car, then come back to wipe off.