Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

ProperAutoCare Free Giveaway Of Blackfire Blackfire Reference Shine Kit W/Polisher!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-09, 06:40 PM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lyyca
This my lovely daily driver and I always love/enjoy pampering her with all the goodies to keep her shiny weekly. I love my ride because me and her have gone through a lot together. From taking to trips to Vegas to investing time and money in modding her into the image of my liking and taste. I know this freebie is a long shot for me because everyone else's cars are all great candidates of pursuing the definition of eye candy. If I were to win, then this would be the greatest x-mas gift for my baby and opportunity to explore the higher levels in detailing. I really want the opportunity to utilize the machine polisher and learn more from what i can achieve from it to get that wet look. Plus, in a couple weeks before x-mas, I'm going to have fresh new paint on her hood and front bumper/lip, so she'll be restored like brand-new again. She's only 6 years old and I plan to keep her clean the way she is now. I've always followed a motto: "Keeping your car clean is not just a hobby, it's a reputation to keep." I don't detail for a living...I just love my car...

IDK, Angelo, I think this one gets my vote.
Old 12-05-09, 09:04 PM
d00t
Rookie

I once upon a time owned a very nice lexus that I picked up, and later sold on these very boards. Over the past 4 years I have become more and more interested in detailing, and have been eying the blackfire products, and have even tried some myself! I can't believe the wetness, depth, and clarity that the sealant and carnuba bring to the paint. And to gain a PC along with this kit, to pair it with some polishes and other products that proper auto care carries seems to be the perfect christmas present, even if I spend a little money! Taking meticulous care of my cars has not only been a passion, but a requirement i set upon myself before I could even drive, and carry that over almost every week with my current car, a 2008 Honda S2000.

Old 12-05-09, 11:00 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

This is my 98 diamond white pearl SC300, and it is my first white car. I've previously always had black cars that I tried to keep as clean as possible since my preference is deep gloss. I spent 9 months searching for my ideal car (black on black SC), but when I saw this SC at the dealership I feel in love with it and bought it that day. Ever since I got the car my goal has been to try and make the car into brand new condition. I could have just spent the money on modifications, but I would rather have a mint stock car than a modified car with issues. It has been expensive and tiring replacing the worn parts, but in the end it has been worth it because a lot of people who have seen and been in my car have noticed the work I've put into the car to "keep it stock". The pictures are what it looks like after almost 2 years of ownership and countless hours of work. Driving this car is the best part about it because it is different from all the regular cars I get to drive during the work week. Driving my SC is always a great feeling and the occasional attention and questions from other drivers that did not know the first generation SC existed is nice.

I always wanted to keep the white paint as clean as possible, so the first week of ownership I spent clay barring the car trying to remove out every single spec of contamination in the paint. I wanted the car's paint to have depth, clarity, and a warm glow from the pearls, so I started off polishing the car panel by panel when I had the time to do so, but unfortunately for me the UDM I had broke shortly after the warranty period. I've been needing to buy a new polisher for a year now, so a free one would be awesome.
Old 12-06-09, 08:50 AM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Nice rides guys, keep em coming! Angelo should be picking a winner SOON!
Old 12-06-09, 01:02 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

It’s not easy being clean! My RX is more than six years old. He’s my daily driver, getting me through the sun, rain, sleet and snow in style. I reward him with weekly washings and frequent waxings year round - all done by hand - to keep him shiny and bright. The pictures are from today after a snowstorm. He’s getting his bath. It was only 36 degrees but I had to get the salt off. What can I say, it’s a labor of love.

Yet I know I could do better. My arsenal in the never-ending pursuit of cleanliness is somewhat anemic. I lack the proper equipment to bring out the best in my RX. And my 450h is coming in soon. I can’t think of a better way to start the new year. So please make my RX, and me, happy for the holidays! Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails ProperAutoCare Free Giveaway Of Blackfire Blackfire Reference Shine Kit W/Polisher!-img_0028.jpg   ProperAutoCare Free Giveaway Of Blackfire Blackfire Reference Shine Kit W/Polisher!-img_0041.jpg   ProperAutoCare Free Giveaway Of Blackfire Blackfire Reference Shine Kit W/Polisher!-img_0042.jpg  
Old 12-06-09, 01:33 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait we are actually being judged on this rather than it being a random drawing?
Old 12-06-09, 07:27 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

This is my 2001 GS430. The pics are not great as I did not have a high end camera. The first picture shows the poor condition the paint was in, unfortunately none of the afters were clear enough to really show the improvement after polishing but it was a huge improvement.

I think the 2nd Gen GS is one of the best looking 4 door sedans ever sold here and I have always wanted one ever since reading about them in car magazines since 1997 and seeing one a few months later. After seeing my GS in person when I drove to the sellers house I knew as long as it checked out I was going to buy it and did. I appreciate the smooth relaxed ride and v8 torque.

Unfortunately the guy who previously owned it did not really take care of the paint finish very well. There were tons of swirls, water spots, surface scratches, a few sap etchings, and the leather had some kind of greasy layer on it.

After owning the car for about 2 years I tried several different kind of paint cleaners and polishers and applied them by hand but they made little to no difference. I was able to easily get rid of whatever was greasy on the leather by cleaning it and then using several conditioners like Leatherique. I was really interested in getting my paint finish to look better. I remember seeing a few before and after pics on this site and detailing sites from people using a mechanical polisher like a Porter Cable and was impressed with the results. After doing some research I got a polisher, LC pads, and Menzerna polish and went to work. After a little trial and error I was able to remove about 80%-85% of the surface defects. I was very happy with the results, what a difference. The only stuff I could not get rid of were some of the deeper scratches and the etchings on the hood. I have now gotten into detailing cars on the side to make a little extra money and I enjoy it. I have tried a ton of products to keep my finish looking good and protected like Klass AIO, Jeff Werkstatt, Zaino, Poorboys Natty Blue, Collinite 476S, etc.

It's tuff keeping a black car looking good week to week especially one with a soft clearcoat like the GS but it is worth it because nothing looks better polished and waxed then a black car.

I would love to see how Blackfire would work on my black GS or customers cars and the new improved PC 7424 looks very nice and would be a great addition to my detailing arsenal.
Attached Thumbnails ProperAutoCare Free Giveaway Of Blackfire Blackfire Reference Shine Kit W/Polisher!-newest-345.jpg   ProperAutoCare Free Giveaway Of Blackfire Blackfire Reference Shine Kit W/Polisher!-newest-348.jpg   ProperAutoCare Free Giveaway Of Blackfire Blackfire Reference Shine Kit W/Polisher!-vacation-09-007.jpg  
Old 12-07-09, 07:22 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I bought my car by myself in 06 I have always been worried about its appearance. I never knew the proper ways to take care of a car's paint until visiting a fellow member on here for a detail. Since then I have read up a lot on the subject and achieved maximum shine to a swirl free finish using multiple product lines such as Meguiar's, Menzerna, Poorboys, Swissvax and so on. I have always wanted to try out the blackfire line and never got a chance due to having a lot of overstock on my current products.

Old 12-07-09, 08:26 AM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Nice ride PapaHoff! We will be deciding the winner on the 15th and it will be posted on the 16th! Keep em coming!
Old 12-07-09, 08:47 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

heres my LS.

i love my car cause its my first and alot of new mods will be debuted in 2010. detailing is a hobby and i enjoy every bit of it, either my car or someone elses.

Last edited by LiCelsior; 12-07-09 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-07-09, 10:04 AM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I added another pic to my first post. Hopefully it would boost my chances in winning lol!
Old 12-07-09, 05:14 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Remember the contest ends on the 14 of December. So post everyone! I will announced the winner on the 15 of December!
Old 12-07-09, 06:57 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I love my Lexus GS, my first venturing into the Lexus brand and I have completely fallen in love. My car is my baby and I try to take care of it as such. However the rough streets of NYC are not easy on her but she has held up like a champ and I will keep it going. I have a goal for where I would like her to progress. But keeping her clean is very important, and since I do not own my own buffer, I struggle with doing it by hand or I wait for my friend's so I can use theirs. If I had my own it would help me in keeping its true beauty in view and progressing with my goals for my car. Thank you for the contest opportunity. Here is a small progression of my car.

When I bought it

Summer 2009

Now

Last edited by Spyder78; 12-11-09 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-07-09, 07:55 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Hey spyder78, What kind of wheels are those in the 2nd pic? Are those magnifiques?
Old 12-07-09, 10:38 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Hey spyder78, What kind of wheels are those in the 2nd pic? Are those magnifiques?
Yep those were AutoCouture Magnifiques

Quick Reply: ProperAutoCare Free Giveaway Of Blackfire Blackfire Reference Shine Kit W/Polisher!