Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

ProperAutoCare Free Giveaway Of Blackfire Blackfire Reference Shine Kit W/Polisher!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-09, 01:30 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Well as a previous owner of a black 95 mustang i found it very hard to keep clean but back 8 years ago my passion for cleanliness wasn't up to high standards as it is today. After 7 years of owning a black car it was time for a color change so i picked the pearl white Lexus.. Let me just say that the paint screams depth and clarity. I've used so many different kinds of polishes and waxes i think its time upgrade to the Blackfire Shine Kit and Polisher. Let me say that I've never used a polisher and always have waxed my cars by hand. Its time to up my method of cleaning cars. I'd like to take it a step further and get that extra shine that I'm missing from a Polisher. My cars are always clean and wiped down just about everyday and I go through spray wax on a regular basis. I'm not the greatest photographer but please judge me on my passion for cars and expanding my detail abilities with this Polisher and wax kit. Thank you

Tony

Last edited by tmf2004; 12-14-09 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-10-09, 09:54 PM
ISThree
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my DD ride

Pick MEEEEE!!!

Here we go...

After talking to Angelo@ProperAutoCare about my ride, he said sure even the car is not a Lexus.
I decided to make this post and get myself in the giveaway. woot:

Well... I am going to give a try. I know probably I will not win since I am new to the detailing world and there are already so many perfect job done by others but I am still in the rookie learning stage and needs to learn more from the pros and everyone here from CL.

Here is my DD, I left on a business trip and this is what you get when you park your car outside for about 2-3 weeks (well before the trip, there are about another 3 weeks of no wash or any kind of maintenance)
But I do love my Matrix because love at first sight!
I really like how a clean car looks from close or far away. I just love shine and depth of the reflection!
I probably don't have the best tool or technique but I am sure if I win this giveaway, my Matrix will look even more SHINY!

with all that said... will I win?

Before...

After...

Last edited by ISThree; 12-10-09 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-11-09, 06:20 AM
SupraMan17
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's my ride 05 Lexus IS300 5-Spd MSM. got it about a year and half ago and still in the middle of modding it. i love my cars looking clean and being clean. ask anyone who knows me, i am super super **** about my cars, to the point where its just not practical haha. i keep my interior immaculate and the exterior is always kept in great condition while being detailed twice a year. i would honestly love the chance to have some of the tools/equipment and the materials needed to detail the car myself because its hard for me to just hand the car over to someone i dont know. i always gotta build that trust before i can do that, but theres no one i trust more than myself to this job properly. i would love to have this blackfire kit since all i really own is an extensive car wash kit. thanks.

Last edited by SupraMan17; 12-15-09 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-11-09, 10:58 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its raining here and i have no good pics of a clean car
Old 12-13-09, 12:20 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

OK folks it will be ending tomorrow and I'll will be posting the winner on a new thread. So don't wait posting a picture of your ride here and a very short write up. It's also FREE! so what do you got to lose...NOTHING. You might be the winner of this awesome Kit from ProperAutoCare, so go ahead and post.
Old 12-13-09, 04:31 PM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

My IS350 is my first car which I got in March, and I've been babying it ever since I got it. Although my car can't compare to some of those on here, I still love it, and mod it whenever I can. I love having a clean car, and try to usually wash my car every week or so. My car isn't perfect, as there are scratches and blemishes that I have no idea on how to get rid of. I would LOVE to learn how to correctly detail my car, and give it that deep, shiny look, however being a broke student does not allow me to have sufficient funds to purchase a detailing kit. Winning the blackfire kit would definitely aid me in trying to restore my car's paint.
Old 12-13-09, 05:20 PM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Its getting close guys!
Old 12-13-09, 08:45 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my Lexus, an Obsidian car with a shattered reflection.

This is my first car. It took me out of walking and busing for most of my life, I would honestly have to say that it came out of luck. Going from one week having nothing to the next week being able to purchase one. This car truly means a lot to me as it has shown me what my hard work has paid off for.

What else can I say about it; it's been through so much with me in the past two years, from sunshine to thunderstorms. It has never been garaged or had a stable home but that of the street. I drive my car every day, it's seen thousands of miles and countless carwashes, and to be honest it's only been waxed once in it's run, maintained only by quick waxes and detail sprays as she waits for her first real detail.

I've contemplated detailing the car countless times, but I feel that for my cars first full polish and restoration from day one I'd like to share it with my closest family member my little brother. I want to teach him how to polish paint and detail cars so I can pass on my equipment to him so he can earn some cash for himself to save up and buy the car hes always wanted a Lexus IS300. As times are hard its hard for me to invest money into equipment, this would definitely help so I can have a great project and gift to share this holiday season.

My little brother Gus in the hot seat, as one day he'll be tearing up the track like his big bro.

Last edited by XhyDra; 12-13-09 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-13-09, 11:12 PM
chigguh
Rookie

Heres my Lexus..03 crystal pearl white gs300

hahah ya i kno...not the best pics but you get the idea

So I saw this contest the very minute it was posted cuz i stay on the detailing section of clublexus majority of the time haha. Took me until the very last minute to get the pics cuz my friend was lagging it! Well i try to apply to every contest i can...so here goes another one. But my post doesnt include some crazy interesting story lol...

Well before i had got this car, i shared cars with my dad. He drives a 00 silver gs400 and at first i hated it. The 2nd gen gs just didnt appeal to me at first. But overtime i really started to LOVE the car...i started to wash the thing everyweek and sometimes twice a week even if i didnt get to drive it that week. I mean at this point i enjoyed washing the car more then driving the car hahah. Then after a year of looking around i finally found this white gs...exactly what i was looking for. I still wash my dads and also wash mines regularly. Its funny cuz the only time my neighbors ever see me outside is when im washing my car But i dont know what it is but i really love/enjoy washing my car...even if its a simple wash without all that wax/polish. Sometimes i even wash my friends cars because it bothers me how dirty there car is LOL. I would really love to mod my car but to me i think first step is to keep your car looking good before going onto mods...but thats also an excuse i use for having a stock car As of recently ive been really getting interested in this detailing stuff...ive been reading up on all these tutorials and detailing posts...trying to find out what products and techniques are best. But being a broke highschool student i am...i only have the basic car washing products. you know..such as car wash soap, house vacuum, tire shine, invisible glass, quick interior detailer. It would take me forever to save up for all the products id need for a proper detail. So it'd be great to win a package like this. To everyone else who posted...feels great to drive around in a clean car huh! goodluck to everyone.

Sorry for the essay...kinda got too into it hahah
Old 12-14-09, 10:52 AM
dh784123
Driver

here is my 2007 sc430 pebble beach edition. I love and baby this car every chance i get. weekly hand washings done personally by myself including monthly waxing. I try my hardest to keep the car looking great because i feel that it is part of who I am, and that it representing me as who I am. having a chance to win a kit which will allow me to take better care of my car will allow me to learn more about detailing and make my car look better than it already is. I would like to keep the car in this same excellent shape as it was from day 1 that i got it.

Old 12-14-09, 01:25 PM
JKBHEAT
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw this contest, and I just HAD to enter.

This is my blk/tan 1994 Lexus SC400. Why do I love my car.....? Well, for starters, it's my first car I've and only had it for over a year. And anyone that has ever loved something/one knows that the first always has special place. It's my DD and sees 50+ miles daily going to/from school and work but she has yet to let me down.

Even though it was pretty cheap, a car this clean deserves to be...well clean. Just like personal grooming, a car's cleanliness is a direct representation of the owner. The pics below, were taken after a wash, clay, wash, compound, polish, wax cycle. Everything was done by me and it was all done by hand. Doing everything by hand is not extremely fun nor efficient; and even though everything looks wet/flawless, it's is not. A lot of elbow grease ,and little bit of Natty's Blue paste wax , masks a car that is literally covered with swirls, etchings, and small scratches. I've been looking to buy a used porter cable (for some much-needed, real paint correction) for some time but college and other priorities kept me from doing so up to now.

My goal....is to have everyone who sees my car for the first time ask "How much does that kind of paint job cost?!" or "Is that the new Lexus that just came out?" or the always famous "That car is from what year!? And that's the ORIGINAL paint job!? No Way!" Winning this contest, and that sweet detailing kit, would give the tools needed to do so and this forum would assist me with the know-how.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by JKBHEAT; 12-14-09 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-14-09, 05:02 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

OK folks, the contest will be ending soon. So lets get your pictures in ASAP, so we can post a winner tomorrow! What that means is Post your ride!
Old 12-14-09, 11:47 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, Let's start from the top.

before my 2IS, i drove a beige 1993 mazda protege. it was a good "beater" car for learning how to drive since by that time i've only been driving a few years. the mazda was good because i wouldn't be tempted in racing if i had a powerful car and it would not cause my heart to skip a beat if anything happened to it.

here's a picture of the old car.

the biggest drawback to the car(besides no power windows/power locks and a really bad heater) was that the car was beige. some people love to tune their car for maximum cornering, i love good handling don't get me wrong. or install a turbo in their cars for maximum power, again...i like power.

honestly, the look of a brand new showroom car that has a blinding shine just draws me the most to a car. looking under the hood is nice and all but i love a mirror shine.

having a beige car was kind of boring since waxing it wouldn't give me that look. when i saved enough money for a new car. i had a few requirements: 4 doors, rwd, practical, reliable, somewhat fun, beautiful interior, beautiful exterior... for features...it had to have stability control, traction control, abs, power windows, power locks, a trunk that can fit my golf clubs, a good sound system and least but not least...IT HAD TO BE A DARK COLOURED CAR

when the dealer asked me what colour i was looking for smokey granite mica was my top choice, followed by black sapphire pearl. both pretty dark colours.

i don't regret getting my smokey granite mica IS. every day i see it, i am impressed by how it looks.

right now i don't have too many mods on my car, mods can wait. i rather have a good protective coat of wax to prolong the life of my car so it's future can be greeted with some mods*knock on wood*

now onto the detailing.

well, even though i had the old beige car, i still took good care of it.

i washed the car pretty much every week even though a stranger really couldn't tell the difference(i did it because I COULD TELL THE DIFFERENCE) even though i realize my was techniques were not the best. I used to only use one bucket, no grit guard. i did use a sheepskin mitt though. i also used the absorber, which I realized isn't too smart to be dragging a towel across the paint. good thing i had the old car to learn through mistakes until i got my IS.

when i started reading up on forums about 1 and a half years ago when i was still drving the old car, i started to learn about better techniques, i learned about proper wash and dry, claybar, sealants, waxes, wheel cleaners, etc.

so i got all giddy and ran to Canadian tire(big hardware chain in canada that sells car stuff, stuff for the home, sporting goods, etc.) I bought the meguiars clay kit, the meguiars scratch x, the NXT wax, some ph balanced wheel cleaner, some microfibers, etc.

i happily spent 6 or so hours claybarring the car, applying the wax, quick detailing, etc. man the results were pretty good for a beige car. i kept doing this every once in a while until i got my lexus.

i bought the car in july and i started to lurk on clublexus about a year ago, reading the detailing forum. i realized...i needed better products. professional grade stuff that would be more durable, and give a better end result. I needed to treat my lexus better. but i wasn't sure which product was better and whatnot. so i kept doing the typical wash(2 bucket method!!!!) and dry and cleaning the interior every week or two. but i haven't done a full detail since i bought the car. i want to get some good products to get rid of the dealer installed swirls. a PC would do the job as I have read. so for the past few months i've been looking around the web for good polishes, pads, claybars, sealants, waxes.

i don't mean to suck up, but one of the products that i was really impressed by was the blackfire sealant. i saw on detailed image. i hope you don't mind me linking another vendor. i just want to show the pictures that really impressed me with the blackfire.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...roduct-review/

i want to get all the right goods for a proper detail. wash, dry,clay, polish, finishing polish, sealant, then a nice wax as a LSP.

then maintain the nice look with a daily dusting and a weekly quick detail.

i think i might be a little crazy about my car. it snowed last night and i didn't want any salt stains lingering around so I did a quick wash this morning when i saw that the temperature was above freezing (2 celcius) now she's tuckd into the garage all clean and no salt on the body panels. now i can sleep easy.

if i win this kit, i'm gonna practice on my old mazda(it's still around) so i don't screw it up with my IS.

the past summer, my friend knew i was into detailing and making a car look amazing. so when he bought a car(used) he asked me to help him with a detail. i said "sure...as long as you get a six pack while were doing the detail"...not only do i like making my car look good. i like helping my friends too. unfortunately with that friend...his transmissions started slipping and he didn't want to put any more effort into the car(only paid $1000 for it ahaha). so we kinda skipped the detailing idea.

another of my friends always parked under a tree that leaked sap, so he asked me where's a good place to get a car washed? i told him i would wash his car for him if he came over to where i lived. man tree sap is hard to get rid of. but it slowly came off. looked great after...but he's pretty lazy to look for a spot NOT under a tree. so shortly after it his car is covered in tree sap. if he brought it over, i would clean it for him. but again, he's lazy.

another of my friends scraped her side mirror lightly against a pillar with some paint transfer and some paint got scraped off. i offered to see what i could do with what i had. the best i could was take off some paint transfer with a claybar. but we did wash her car and did a quick clay. (she has only washed her car once since she got it a year ago...i guess thats what happens when you have a silver car)

what i'm trying to say is...if i win this kit..it's not only to make my car look it's best...it's also so my friends have nice clean looking cars, whether they are a 2009 model or a 1993 model.

eventually i wanna be proficient enough to do detailing jobs on the side as a hobby and also i think it's a good way to get into being an entrepreneur. I do eventually want to run my own firm in the future(consulting, financial analyst, etc) or something along those lines. so learning how to run a little detailing business is like my own lemonade stand kind of thing. it's fun and at the same time a good learning experience.

right now my car is sitting in the garage begging for a good coat of wax but I don't have anything that's high enough quality to offer her(megs NXT isn't enough for her). i want to five her a christmas present of a nice warm winter coat. hahaha

i hope this isn't too long winded but i guess i have a lot to say when it comes to detailing. can't believe i spent 1 hour writing this. i should submit this as an essay or something. even though i don't have as much experience as most people here, i'm a pretty blank slate that's willing to absorb and learn.

i'm gonna post this up, then go upload some pictures i took this morning and then edit this post.

sexy and stealthy at night. like catwoman. don't worry i have 2500k fogs and 6500k HIDs now.

this is about a few days after i got her.

this is about 6 months after those pictures above...

yes, your eyes are not deceiving you it snowed the night before and i still washed my car in the cold. three 5 gallon buckets of hot water FTW!!!!!

no brake dust yeahhhhhhh. had to make sure there was no salt residue on the wheels. i really wish i took before pictures, the brake dust was nasty. the inner barrels were pretty dirty.

you can see the reflection of my old car. the shine is alright but nothing impressive.

just did a word count, about 1500 words. good enough for an essay. i wish writing essays on current account deficits was as easy as writing about detailing.

good luck to everyone.

Last edited by Jetfire; 12-15-09 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-15-09, 12:12 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

^^I like this guy. He was like me when I first started testing the detailing world waters
Old 12-15-09, 05:57 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

OK everyone, we have pick a winner. The winner will announce in a new thread that we will start. We would like to thank everyone who had posted here for the prize and it was a tough one folks! Thank you all at Club Lexus!