Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

leather cleaning product??

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-09, 12:41 PM
LilMan23
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather cleaning product??

hey guys what leather cleaning product have u guys used and experienced and works good? i was gonna order some swissvax but the items r way to expensive!! almost 80 bucks just for the leather cleaner and leather milk O.o so i was wondering if u cl members have any other brands in mind that we can get in socal?
Old 12-10-09, 12:47 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

You get what you pay for as others would say!! Leatherique gets my vote.

Dara
Old 12-10-09, 01:11 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

DPromGS: +1.

I use leatherique.. currently have 4 (large) bottles.. each 32 ounces
Old 12-10-09, 01:35 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leatherique is great when its warm/hot. When its cold (or all the time), use Leather Masters. You don't get that sticky feel like you do from Leatherique

If you still want Leatherique though, I'm selling my bottles. Send me PM if you want it
Old 12-10-09, 02:21 PM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 205 Likes on 154 Posts

Zaino's leather cleaner (pump spray) works fine for me. No residues and wipes off easily. There is a mild leather smell that lasts a few days.

Once the leather is clean, I apply Zaino leather conditioner (cream) to moisturize the leather. The conditioner has a slightly stronger leather smell, but nothing to be concerned about.
Old 12-10-09, 03:12 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

For cleaning, Woolite 1:10 works well.

For protection from stains, dye transfer from jeans and belts, spills, etc., Leather Masters Protection Cream is the best I've used.
Old 12-10-09, 04:05 PM
GS300 I6
Pole Position

is it a good time to use leatherique at this weather?
Old 12-10-09, 04:58 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Not in this cold weather. But in warmer weather yes.
In addition to routine cleaning, leather requires conditioning to replace oils lost through evaporation. (The smell of leather comes from these oils.) If these natural oils are not replenished, leather will eventually dry out, become brittle and crack. Here is the best product available to clean, protect and preserve your car's leather interior.

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil actually restores softness, beauty and strength to aged and abused leather. This oil is recommended for leathers used in furniture, automobiles, boats, motorcycles, airplanes, clothing, handbags, saddle and tack. It will not stain or discolor leather.

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil contains no silicones or wax. It allows the leather to breath without any greasy finish or dust attraction. Once conditioned, leathers will remain healthy, soft and pliable for months.

Leatherique Prestine Clean

This is the second half of a two-step leather maintenance system from Leatherique. With most leather care products, you clean the leather first with a cleaner then you apply a conditioner to keep the leather soft any pliable. The Leatherique system is just the opposite. You apply their conditioner, Rejuvenator Oil, first which conditions the leather and forces dirt and grime to the surface. Then you wipe the leather with Leatherique Prestine Clean cleaner to remove oils, salts and grime brought to the surface.

Leatherique Prestine Clean will not remove any conditioning oils that permeated into the leather during conditioning. It can be used as often as needed to remove dirt, oils and perspiration stains on leather and vinyl surfaces.

If you own a convertible with a leather interior, you should consider additional sunscreen protection. The best solution is to alternate between a leather conditioner and 303 Protectant. One month use a conditioner to keep the leather healthy and supple. the following month, mist and wipe the leather with 303 protectant to add UV protection.

Last edited by Angelo; 12-10-09 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-10-09, 07:01 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I got 2 brand new, not open Leatherique products. Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean. Anyone wants it let me know. PM please.