Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Claybar Cleaner and Extender

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-10, 02:35 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Claybar Cleaner and Extender

Clay Bar works by removing bonded contaminants that have attached to the paint’s surface and cannot be removed by washing alone. The contaminants become embedded into the face of the clay. So what do we do? We fold the dirty clay on itself, to expose fresh, clean clay. Of course the contaminants are still in the clay, only not on the surface. Eventually the clay becomes loaded with so much contamination and grit that it can not be folded anymore and it must be replaced.

Blackfire Claybar Cleaner and Extender is your solution to the premature failure and short life cycle of clay bars. Simply spray the face of the clay with the clean and work into the face with your thumbs.

Then dunk the clay into a bucket of water or rinse with a hose to remove 90% or more of the dirt that you where going to fold backing into the clay.

By cleaning the clay bar frequently, you can dramatically reduce the build up of grit inside the clay and greatly extend its life.

Before, the clay is very dirty. Before we would accept this and fold the grime onto itself and keep going. All of this gunk would be pushed into the clay.

After spraying with Blackfire Claybar Cleaner and Exender and massaging with my thumbs, then dunking in a bucket.

Almost 100% clean, so I gave it another spray of cleaner, let it dwell for 10 seconds, then masaged again and rinsed in the bucket. Then I kneeded the clay and prepared to keep going.

Old 01-19-10, 04:37 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very cool stuff. i'll probably get this in the spring time.
Old 01-19-10, 04:41 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Looks like a degreaser or apc.
Old 01-30-10, 04:01 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great product to use and it works!