Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

AutoGlym Products In Action!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-10, 08:16 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoGlym Products In Action!

This thread was wrote up by our great detailing teacher Todd:

I have had a chance to play with some of these 'new' products and am extremely impressed.

I worked on a Ferrari 365 that had I only had 5 hours to get ready for Cavallino. No extreme polishing here...

I used AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, which is an excellent hand polish (as well as DA) that will add a huge amount of gloss to weathered and worn paint. The Palm Applicators came in handy, allowing me to polish with the foam applicator, and wipe the residue away with the microfiber cloth.

Working quick...

I used AutoGlym Vinyl and Rubber Care on the tires, and have to say that I am extremely impressed with the product. It is also great on trim, seals, ect. It applys easily with no running. For the tires I let it soak in and found any residual spray VERY EASY to remove.

The AutoGlym Hi Definition Wax is another great product. It has a similar liquid sharp and clear appearance, like PS21s 100%, but with great durability. The trade off is that like a true high carnauba wax, it can be slightly difficult to buff off.

However the look, even on this greenish-gray, was liquid. The hood has already been done. Also the tires look amazing after buff off.

Overall these are great products, that have passed the test on the toughest Concours lawns.

Remember all these fine products by AutoGlym can be found at ProperAutoCare.com
Old 01-30-10, 08:18 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Angelo@ProperAutoCare
This thread was wrote up by our great detailing teacher Todd:

I have had a chance to play with some of these 'new' products and am extremely impressed.

I worked on a Ferrari 365 that had I only had 5 hours to get ready for Cavallino. No extreme polishing here...
i must say the bolded part made me laugh a little bit. If you were to say that to the average person, they may look at you like you have 5 heads. most do not realize the amount of time and effort it takes to do good work. do not know too much about these products, but seeing how they can be applied in the sun is a plus. some polishes/waxes tend to dry up quickly in the sun and are more difficult to remove. very nice car btw