Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New Stuff: Zymol and Fenix

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-10, 05:29 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Stuff: Zymol and Fenix

Sorta haven't posted new purchases in a while and I want to give you guys a heads up on my next reviews coming up. I picked these things up this year so far. Hoping it'll hold me steady for a while so I stop spending the cash for these things...
  • Zymol Glasur
  • Zymol Holiday Kit #2 (Concours, Destiny, Atlantique)
  • Fenix TK11 R2

------------------------------------------------------------

The story behind the Zymol was the 25% off + Free Shipping coupon I posted here earlier this year. Essentially, I purchased Glasur, which retails for $101 + shipping, for only $75.75 shipped, which is only $4 more than Titanium. As for Holiday Kit #2, which IMO is the best bang for buck (go check out Atlantique's cost per oz ), I got it for $150 shipped as opposed to its retail price of $200

------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Fenix since there's sort of an embarrassing story behind it. Pretty much, I knocked my Brinkmann torch off the roof of my Camry while I was removing some wax. That short fall somehow short circuited the battery pack inside and didn't let me charge it from that point on . So it was time for a replacement to use as a Swirl Spotter. Now, if you were not aware, the Fenix TK10 and TK11 are excellent spotters. They have the ability to pick up holograms with their power alone, not to mention they are quite useful for night time usage . So with this mentality in mind, I went to the internet to find the best deal on a TK11 R2.

Unfortunately, Phil @ Detailers Domain's sale had ended a couple days prior to my mishap with the Brinkmann so I opted out of using him this time. After much careful searching, I discovered a price I could not pass up on Amazon. $54.47 shipped! . Needless to say, I bought it

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, the reviews on Glasur and the Fenix will be posted when I get around to them. I won't be reviewing Holiday Kit #2 because its purely a collectors item for me. Instead, I'll be milling a display case out of aluminum for it. Its an investment afterall, I plan to sell it later in the future when the kits are discontinued