Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Paste VS Spray wax

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-10, 10:48 AM
kiwi
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Paste VS Spray wax

i have always used paste wax, but with the technology going the way it is, i was wondering if i can get a quality wax in the form of a spray bottle.

it jsut seems like it would cut down alot of time if the end result was the same.
Old 02-23-10, 11:53 AM
s0fab0l0us
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always loved the paste wax. even tho it takes alot of time its worth it in the end.. the spray way works but to me its not the same results.
Old 02-23-10, 12:07 PM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are few, if any, sprays on the market that match the amount of wax that is applied after a few layers of a paste. Think of it this way...wax with an actual paste wax and then maintain with a spray wax.
Old 02-23-10, 03:15 PM
kiwi
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
There are few, if any, sprays on the market that match the amount of wax that is applied after a few layers of a paste. Think of it this way...wax with an actual paste wax and then maintain with a spray wax.
that is the plan, wax when i have time, and when i dont, use the spray wax while i dry the car.

the next question is which spray wax should i get / shouldnt get. i am not interested in ordering online, i would rather just pick it up locally.
Old 02-23-10, 03:38 PM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

There are really three categories to look at, paste, liquid and spray wax. Paste and liquid offer the most protection and typically the spray wax is considered a booster for prolonging the initial paste or liquid application.

And prolong it does. I use Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax for this. It has a lot to offer. First, it is a wipe-on / wipe-off product so you can refresh your wax coating in less than 10 minutes. Second, it doesn't dust or streak at all. You remove it immediately so you don't let it dry on the surface. Third, it contains water repelling polymers, like RainX for your paint. Finally, it works on vinyl and plastic without staining or leaving any white residue even on textured vinyl. In fact, I no longer use a dedicated vinyl dressing as this product leaves a great look and it doesn't wash off or streak in the rain.

UQW is available at most auto supply stores as well as most WalMart and Target.
Old 02-23-10, 04:06 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

I know that the Opti-seal sealant is not consider a wax. But I've found that two layers of opti-seal sealant and two layers of Colinite 476s wax would last me all year long. This is something to consider if you don't like waxing your car often but want a lasting protection.
Old 02-23-10, 04:25 PM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kiwi
that is the plan, wax when i have time, and when i dont, use the spray wax while i dry the car.

the next question is which spray wax should i get / shouldnt get. i am not interested in ordering online, i would rather just pick it up locally.
Some great suggestions of stuff you can find locally are made. If you're willing to order on our site, here's a spray wax that cannot be beat:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...nish%2C/Detail