Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Please recommend an interior protectant

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-10, 11:52 PM
gandro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please recommend an interior protectant

I've used Armorall for years, but I would prefer something that's less greasy, less shiny and coats the surface uniform when you apply (Armorall, especially the gel version tends to concentrate in areas the rag hits first - especially on hard plastic, requiring lots of buffing to get a uniform coat).
Please recommend a product that sprays on uniform and easily rubs in consistantly.
Thanks
Old 02-24-10, 05:44 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

My favorite is Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. I spray it on a MF and wipe it on. It doesn't streak and above all, leaves the dash looking new with no shiny gloss to cause glare. The product does provide UVA and UVB protection and has almost no odor. It's also readily available at most auto supply stores as well as at Walmart and Target.
Old 02-24-10, 06:10 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a few that will work on the interior of your vehicle.

Optimum Protectant Plus is another innovative product from Optimum that cleans, restores, and protects leather surfaces, vinyl surfaces, and moldings. Optimum Protectant Plus has a balance of cleaners, penetrating oils, and UV inhibitors that restores the original color of these surfaces, protects against and hides any scratches, and protects against sun damage.

BLACKFIRE Micro-engineered Interior Protectant enhances and protects vinyl and moisturizes and protects leather. It functions as a leather conditioner, a vinyl protectant and a multi-surface, interior protectant! Use Micro-engineered Interior Protectant to enhance and protect interior wood accent strips, polished and satin metals, plastic panels and cup holders. It is a 100% water-based formula containing no oils, no alcohols and no petroleum distillates. There is nothing to dry out leather or deteriorate stitching. Micro-engineered Interior Protectant is perfectly pH-balanced (7) to match the pH requirements of leather. After treatment, a micro-fine moisture barrier remains on the surface to resist perspiration stains and help retard UV-induced fading.

Lexol Premium Protectant is a professional-grade formula that gives your vinyl, rubber and plastic the special attention that they deserve. Dual silicon action penetrates below the surface layer to nourish and revitalize. This is a superior protectant formulated to maintain and protect all vinyl and plastic in or on your car longer than the competition.
Lexol Premium Protectant provides superior protection with DH-60 UV sunscreen which blocks harmful ultra-violet rays to prevent fading, discoloration and premature aging of all your surfaces.

Lexol's professional grade long lasting formula brings out the original lustrous finish and helps prevent cracking.

303 is the world leader in UV screening technology. Regular use of 303 Aerospace Protectant can reduce UV caused slow-fade by up to 100%. No other protectant beautifies as intensely, protects as powerfully or lasts as long.
303 Aerospace Protectant keeps UV-sensitive materials "like new" year after year.

Use 303 Aerospace Protectant on:

Rubber: Tires, neoprene, latex, door and trunk seals, weather-stripping, EPDM rubber roofs, CV boots, waders and wet suits.
Vinyl: Dash, vinyl seats, vinyl convertible tops, clear vinyl windows, Isinglass, marine seating, tonneau covers, car bras, spa covers and pool covers.
Inflatable Boats: Hypalon, PVC and urethane blends.
Gelcoat/fiberglass: Boats, RV's, snowmobiles and jet ski's.
Plastics/acrylics/polycarbonates: Lexan® and acrylic panels/windows/windshields/port holes.
Pool & Patio: Plastic furniture (not fabric), pool inflatables, slides, covers.
Sailcloth: Dacron and monofilm.
Finished leather: Upholstery, motorcycle leather, trim, tack, fine apparel.

Hope these put you in the right dircection and any questions you are welocme to call me at ProperAutoCare.
Old 02-24-10, 08:24 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gandro
I've used Armorall for years, but I would prefer something that's less greasy, less shiny and coats the surface uniform when you apply (Armorall, especially the gel version tends to concentrate in areas the rag hits first - especially on hard plastic, requiring lots of buffing to get a uniform coat).
Please recommend a product that sprays on uniform and easily rubs in consistantly.
Thanks
A product line that is underrated and sometimes overlooked is einszett from Germany. They have two great products you may be interested in: Vinyl Rubber Care and Cockpit Premium.

Vinyl rubber care is an excellent product when it comes to conditioning the plastics and vinyl areas of the interior. Easy to use, won't have the shinny film you see with armor-all, it's water based so it doesn't build up over each application, and it created a soft shine without a high gloss.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...Care%2C/Detail

Cockpit Premium is an amazing product that protects and cleans at the same time. Think of it as a detail spray for the interior. For the subsequent weeks that you care for your interior, after a simple vacuum, you spray the cockpit on a microfiber towel and begin wiping and dusting the interior. You can use it on all surfaces, nav screen, etc. Great on getting smudges of your laptop as well.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...00mL%2C/Detail
Old 02-24-10, 09:48 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i use 303
Old 02-24-10, 12:03 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also suggest the 303 Aerospace Protectant or the Optimum (OPT) Protectant Plus. Both provide great UV protection and a like new appearance without the glossy and oily appearance. Best of all the Optimum (OPT) products are 25% off at Detailed Image through 2/28 if interested.

Greg @ DI
Old 02-24-10, 01:44 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't go wrong with any of the products our vendors have graciously linked to. I just want to throw out Finish Kare #108 as well since you can also use it on your tires for a "matte" finish that will last a while