Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

what do i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-10, 08:13 PM
RickJames1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do i buy?

I'm looking for a product that i can use to clean my car in between washes. I have water spots a lot and sometimes dirt with the occasional random bugs and stuff. Any input on a product that can clean well without a long wash would be helpful. Preferably a spray cuz i dont have the time to wash my car. thanks
Old 03-01-10, 03:27 AM
RickJames1
Lead Lap

Im looking also at meguiars waterless car was, adams waterless car wash, and freedom waterless wash. if you guys have any input on these thatd help too thankns
Old 03-01-10, 08:31 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickJames1
I'm looking for a product that i can use to clean my car in between washes. I have water spots a lot and sometimes dirt with the occasional random bugs and stuff. Any input on a product that can clean well without a long wash would be helpful. Preferably a spray cuz i dont have the time to wash my car. thanks
I think if you want to go waterless, Optimum No Rinse is your best bet. It get rave reviews from many. We'll probably begin testing it soon and may carry it. There are other vendors here on CL that do carry it.
Old 03-01-10, 05:34 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickJames1
The Optimum (OPT) No Rinse (ONR) is definitely a great option. You can wash the car with just a bucket of water with the ONR and no rinsing is needed. Use it for touch ups or for a full wash.

You can also use a product like the Poorboy's World Spray & Wipe (S&W) is great. Just mist it on the paint or directly on your microfiber towel and wipe with light pressure. It helps remove light build ups and clean the surface streak free.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ DI
Old 03-01-10, 08:19 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what about ONR in a garden sprayer? i've used it as a pre-soak for ONR wash, but that was for heavy grime.

any pros that recommend against using ONR as a quick detailer?
Old 03-01-10, 08:29 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Why would anyone recommend against using ONR? It specifically states that it can be a quick detailer

An afterthought though along those lines, don't use it on super soft clays AKA Sonus or Pinnacle. Those require true QDs. I had a crumbling issue on my Camry when I used it. A quick use with Last Touch quickly solved the crumbling issue. Its simply too strong for those clays
Old 03-02-10, 08:14 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jetfire
what about ONR in a garden sprayer? i've used it as a pre-soak for ONR wash, but that was for heavy grime.

any pros that recommend against using ONR as a quick detailer?
Yes you can use it in a garden sprayer if desired but I'm not sure it's really needed. I have not really heard any arguments against the use of Optimum (OPT) No Rinse (ONR). If you check out our product Optimum No Rinse Product Reviews all 41 review are positive and it has a 100% of customers said they would buy it again. Best of all the Optimum (OPT) No Rinse (ONR) is on sale at Detailed Image so you can save big with us. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Greg @ DI
Old 03-02-10, 10:22 AM
bjsdjs300
Driver School Candidate

ONR is the best way to go. i want to try chemical guys eco wash tho...