Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

GS4 With bad swirl marks and scratches

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-10, 04:28 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmichael
Angelo

If BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond were thrown in the mix you listed, where in the process (what number) would you put it?

Thanks!

Michael
Michael, It should be number 8........
Old 03-15-10, 04:33 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Everyone, we still have the free shipping for order's over 67 bucks ( that means you don't pay for it ) and also 15% off too. So what are you waiting for? Save dinero, Free Shipping and great products to boot you don't have to go anyplace place else. Remember I'm here to help and if you need help in a selection, your are welcome to call me at PAC! And the call is toll free too
Old 03-15-10, 05:37 PM
604GSh
Driver School Candidate

Hey Angelo,

Awesome post you have been posting. I have been doing researches on products and reading up your posts for about a week. Thanks for all the awesome advice and procedures.
Old 03-16-10, 07:20 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you very much and if you need any information or help, you are welcome to call me at PAC.....................Angelo
Old 03-16-10, 06:32 PM
cmichael
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Michael, It should be number 8........
Thanks Angelo. I bought some BLACKFIRE from you folks last week and am looking forward to trying it.

On my next trip over to Tampa, I plan to make 2 stops:
1. The little Cuban restaurant on Armenia, one block North of Hillsborough
(can't remember the name); and
2. Anderson Rd. to say "Hello"
Old 03-16-10, 06:59 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Angelo, Thanks for the tips and advice i feel like i'm ready to tackle this thing head on. Only problem is i need to buy the equipment. I know i want the PC 7424xp But including the price of multiple pads(orange,black,white) And M205 and m105 adds up to over $200! My question is, for moderate to bad swirls, Holographing, and light oxidation and moderate scratches. Which kit (polishes,pads) Would you recommend for me. If you can i want to stay under $200 but YOUR the MAN! So if you believe a certain kit will work i might be willing to drop more money! Thanks again, and let me know what you think
Old 03-17-10, 06:10 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Angelo, Thanks for the tips and advice i feel like i'm ready to tackle this thing head on. Only problem is i need to buy the equipment. I know i want the PC 7424xp But including the price of multiple pads(orange,black,white) And M205 and m105 adds up to over $200! My question is, for moderate to bad swirls, Holographing, and light oxidation and moderate scratches. Which kit (polishes,pads) Would you recommend for me. If you can i want to stay under $200 but YOUR the MAN! So if you believe a certain kit will work i might be willing to drop more money! Thanks again, and let me know what you think
TLcoats

The one kit to me that will work in all type of paint surfaces is the Meguiar's M105/M205 Kit with Lake Country Pads & Porter Cable 7424XP Orbital Polisher for $244.99. Don't forget we have the free shipping for the lower 48 states going on right now. Here's a link to read up on :
http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo...brmekitw2.html , let me know TL................Angelo
Old 03-17-10, 06:11 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cmichael
Thanks Angelo. I bought some BLACKFIRE from you folks last week and am looking forward to trying it.

On my next trip over to Tampa, I plan to make 2 stops:
1. The little Cuban restaurant on Armenia, one block North of Hillsborough
(can't remember the name); and
2. Anderson Rd. to say "Hello"
Let me know when your coming by, so I'll be here......
Old 03-17-10, 10:51 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

What do you guys think of this kit? If i add a couple white and grey pads in there. http://www.autogeek.net/poca74pofcop.html Will do pretty good work for my paint? Thanks, Or should i just pony up the extra dough for the M205 m105 kit
Old 03-17-10, 04:18 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

You should go with the Meg's M105 & M205 kit. Remember Lexus clear coats are hard and you need a kit like this to polish out your ride.
Old 03-18-10, 05:48 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Angelo@ProperAutoCare
You should go with the Meg's M105 & M205 kit. Remember Lexus clear coats are hard and you need a kit like this to polish out your ride.
He has single stage though with his 202-Black GS
Old 03-18-10, 10:04 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TLcoats
What do you guys think of this kit? If i add a couple white and grey pads in there. http://www.autogeek.net/poca74pofcop.html Will do pretty good work for my paint? Thanks, Or should i just pony up the extra dough for the M205 m105 kit
not sure as i didnt even bother clicking on the link. autogeek is NOT a CL vendor, so i am not going to support them. i am pretty sure our vendors will be able to come close to whatever they have and i would much rather support our vendors. they are the ones that keep CL free for us and provide us with a PRICELESS amount of information. give our guys a chance
Old 03-18-10, 12:30 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys, I took some pics of the swirls on my phone. They look alot worse in person, but this is just an idea of what i have to deal with. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails GS4 With bad swirl marks and scratches-swirls1.jpg   GS4 With bad swirl marks and scratches-swirls2.jpg   GS4 With bad swirl marks and scratches-swirls3.jpg  
Old 03-18-10, 04:50 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

I would go with Meg's M205 with a LC White pad then follow up with the same polish with a LC Black pad. You can use a Porter Cable or a Flex to correct it. But it's good to have the Meg's M105 compound and the LC Orange pad also if it needs something with more punch.
Old 03-18-10, 08:52 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Angelo@ProperAutoCare
I would go with Meg's M205 with a LC White pad then follow up with the same polish with a LC Black pad. You can use a Porter Cable or a Flex to correct it. But it's good to have the Meg's M105 compound and the LC Orange pad also if it needs something with more punch.
So you think that a LC white with M205 should be enough to cut through my micro marring? And to buy the M105 and LC orange just in case?

Thanks again for the help. So start to finish...

1.Wash
2.Clay bar
3. PC7424xp LC white pad +m205
3a. If swirls still appearent move to LC orange +m105?
3b. Follow with LC white +m205
4. LC Grey+m205
5. What type of was do you recommend?
6. Any pre wax cleaners?

Thanks again

Quick Reply: GS4 With bad swirl marks and scratches