Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Waxing by hand help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-10, 09:49 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Understood

Here's a very simple kit that will give you excellent results by hand. It was designed for clients like yourself in mind. Easy to use, simple three step process, and great results. Awesome price too

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...Wax-Kit/Detail
About for how long does this brand protect for? A product like zaino claims to last about 5 months. That's about what I'm looking for. I usually wax in the spring and fall.
Old 03-26-10, 10:12 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by flektone
About for how long does this brand protect for? A product like zaino claims to last about 5 months. That's about what I'm looking for. I usually wax in the spring and fall.
How long a product last is purely a function of the elements and how well you care for the car. I'd recommend using the einszett Perls and Spray wax as your soap and maintenance wax. If you wash your car 2-3 times per month, depending on how much your drive and the elements, the protection should last you 3-6 months. As with any product, proper technique and application is critical to achieving optimal results. Zaino is a great product, but there are just too many steps and rules IMHO. This kit I recommended is easy to use and the results will be more than adequate. Hope this helps.
Old 03-26-10, 02:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I just got a black 07 IS250. It has a decent amount of light scratches which I know they all wont come out. I know the best way to deal with them are by using a PC. But im not going to by one, just rather do the best I can by hand. Im willing to wax 3xs a year, spring, summer, fall. I have been using Meguires NXT 2.0 which looks awesome. But it doesnt seem to last very long. Also would you recomend using a meguires swirl remover by hand before waxing? or am i just wasting my time with that?
damn I wax sometimes 3 times every 2-3 weeks. I polish also but my car looks amazing Its worth the pain in the *** for me. we will see how much time I have for stuff like that when my daughter is born
Old 03-31-10, 04:45 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Regardless of which wax or sealant you use, longevity depends largly on surface prep. Just like painting a house, if you don't prep the paint first, adding another coat won't last all that long.

First, I'd suggest washing and claying the paint. Then, depending on your energy and the level of marring in your paint, I'd probably recommend ScratchX. If the paint is very bad you might try Ultimate Compound. You might want to do this in stages as it is quite difficult by hand. Maybe just do a couple panels at a time.

Once you have prepped the paint properly I think you will notice a lot longer life from your wax or sealant. You will also see a marked improvement in the appearance of your car.
sorry but im not ScratchXing the entire car. I did that to my VW and I got a ton of marring on the entire car. I just use scratchx on individual scratches. I dont want to use products that abbraisive. Ill leave that up to a professional when I find a good one in my area.

As for now im going to try Zaino AIO followed by Z5, whata think?
Old 03-31-10, 05:16 PM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

sorry but im not ScratchXing the entire car. I did that to my VW and I got a ton of marring on the entire car. I just use scratchx on individual scratches. I dont want to use products that abbraisive. Ill leave that up to a professional when I find a good one in my area.

As for now im going to try Zaino AIO followed by Z5, whata think?
I think you should at least clay first.
Old 03-31-10, 08:30 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 118 Likes on 88 Posts

I once said I would do everything by hands.

But I decided to take the PC7424 kit challenge and never regretted the moment. The time, effectiveness, and lastly, it made detailing much fun.

I highly recommend getting the PC. GL!