Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Help me find the best touch up paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-10, 11:21 AM
LandonZ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me find the best touch up paint

I have a 06 Lexus and I am looking for a good company that makes great color matched touch up paint! Its Blue onyx pearl (8P8 color code) and I have to have exact match. Any suggestions from yall? Im not sure duplicolor makes anything

Thanks in advance
Landon
Old 04-11-10, 01:37 PM
hlevin
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you're looking to fix minor scratches and road rash, I highly recommend Dr. Colorchip (www.drcolorchip.com). I have an 07 in Black Sapphire Pearl and you can't tell it's ever been scratched or pitted. If it's something more, you're probably stuck with the Lexus touch up paint from your dealer.

Originally Posted by LandonZ
I have a 06 Lexus and I am looking for a good company that makes great color matched touch up paint! Its Blue onyx pearl (8P8 color code) and I have to have exact match. Any suggestions from yall? Im not sure duplicolor makes anything

Thanks in advance
Landon
Old 04-11-10, 01:45 PM
LandonZ
Rookie

Yes, its just little rock chips that I plan on touching up. That should be fine. Thanks
Old 04-11-10, 05:47 PM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LandonZ

Thanks in advance
Landon
You'll never find the exact match since your car is 4 years old, and so is the paint, and the touch up you're getting is brand new. The best bet is go with the factory paint from the dealer. Otherwise, you can go to a body shop, have them blend you something exactly for you. This will ensure exact matching as they're going by your CURRENT paint color, rather than the paint color that was on your car when new. Years of UV exposure, will change the color of paint slightly.
Old 04-11-10, 07:06 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hlevin
If you're looking to fix minor scratches and road rash, I highly recommend Dr. Colorchip (www.drcolorchip.com). I have an 07 in Black Sapphire Pearl and you can't tell it's ever been scratched or pitted. If it's something more, you're probably stuck with the Lexus touch up paint from your dealer.
man that stuff is so expensive :/

when the bottle says repairs up to a dozen chips.. 2 dozen n so on

does it really repair UP to that much?? or can you actually do more
Old 04-11-10, 07:16 PM
mou
Pole Position

I've read some reviews and some people said that they had leftover paint. I ordered the road rash kit in case I'll be needing it in the future.
Old 04-11-10, 08:34 PM
wuzzy
Driver

I just got drcolorchip this week. I used the paint and solvent on 3 chips so far and I would say I used up about 1/500th of the paint. I got the $39 kit.
Old 04-12-10, 01:13 PM
hlevin
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You really don't use a lot. In fact, if you use too much, it's a pain to get off (or at least you use more solvent). Don't do too many at a time, or you'll forget where they are. I find one on the car a day after I touched up and boy, it took a lot of elbow grease to get it off.
Old 04-12-10, 06:11 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

anyone got actual pics of DR chip in action?? pics of your carsss