Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Rebirth of the oxidized 99 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-10, 03:16 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
Forum Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
Guys,

I have a 99 Lexus SC300 that had some serious oxidization issues. So much so, the car looked pink instead of red.

We started by washing the car and claying. Gave it another wash, then broke out the PC 7424's. Using yellow pads and Mexerna polish and Poorboys SST 2.5 we got to work.

This picture is looking straight down from the back of the car. The bottom part is the spoiler, and the top part is the trunk lid. Quite a difference

After we finished this, washed the car again, and then applied some Mothers Carnuba to finish her off and get the final shine. Here is the finished product:

Jonny
Jonny,

Did you come to a CL meet at JP Importz in Garland Texas, april of 2004? If so, I saw your car there. Thats an EXQUISITE example of a red SC. Im lovin it bud. Keep up the good work. It seems you know what your doing, but if you need any tips, let me know.

Here is the one I saw at the meet:

It would appear that it is not yours, but its possible! Either way, Nice ride.
Old 06-15-10, 06:53 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Someone on a different forum asked for a before and after picture. Here is a picture after washing it (several weeks ago), you can kinda tell the paint isn't looking too hot(aside from the wet parts).

Here is the after of the same section.

Anyway, I appreciate all the comments. And I should point out that this took no skill on my part - rather a great buffer and excellent products.

ArmyofOne - no sir, unfortunately that wasn't me. You and I did used to talk on AIM a lot though back before you first deployed.

Doc - yes sir, you are right. Bad spelling on my part - Menzerna it is

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Regards,
Jonny
Old 06-22-10, 06:23 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
Forum Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

DUH! Now I know who you are. LOL Sorry Jonny, I have been wicked busy. Nice car BTW. Thumbs up on keeping her clean. What wheels are those? I like them.