Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Dodo Juice

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-10, 01:55 PM
cowsgomoo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodo Juice

Just ordered some dodo juice hard wax off amazon... $70.

I got the Dodo juice, Diamond, specifically for lighter pearl paints.

Should have it next week, can't wait till it comes in. Plan on getting the car buffed this week and some claywork also.

I'll post up some pics when done.
Old 08-03-10, 02:51 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

are you going to apply with your hands?
Old 08-03-10, 03:44 PM
is-fowner
Driver

+1^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 08-07-10, 03:04 PM
danthedj
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

very interested in seeing the results. I havent been able to justify $70 wax but maybe your before and after photos will change my mind!
Old 08-15-10, 07:52 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cowsgomoo
Just ordered some dodo juice hard wax off amazon... $70.

I got the Dodo juice, Diamond, specifically for lighter pearl paints.

Should have it next week, can't wait till it comes in. Plan on getting the car buffed this week and some claywork also.

I'll post up some pics when done.
you should have checked out our forum vendors b/c you certainly could have gotten it for less than $70.

anyway, i have purchased this product and to be honest, was not all that impressed. its very easy on and off and smells great, but i found a "cheaper" (price wise) product that looked better on my white car. but maybe it will work better for you
Old 08-15-10, 08:44 PM
BigLexx
Rookie

smfh...Dodo juice?? with a name like that it's gotta work!!!
Old 08-16-10, 10:17 PM
cowsgomoo
Pole Position

Sorry I failed. Well first off I have an amazon giftcard I'm trying to spend =) I was going to buy the diamondwhite in hopes that it would give an advantage to my pearl white car. But my inner jew said wtf, $70? So i canceled the order next day. I however invested in Autoglym's HD wax for $40. I watched some video's of before and after and was impressed. I'll have it this wednesday. I clayed the car last week and intended on buffing the car, but may just bypass till the spring.
Old 08-21-10, 06:59 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cowsgomoo
Sorry I failed. Well first off I have an amazon giftcard I'm trying to spend =) I was going to buy the diamondwhite in hopes that it would give an advantage to my pearl white car. But my inner jew said wtf, $70? So i canceled the order next day. I however invested in Autoglym's HD wax for $40. I watched some video's of before and after and was impressed. I'll have it this wednesday. I clayed the car last week and intended on buffing the car, but may just bypass till the spring.
i would have bought it from there too if i had an amazon gift card haha. as for waiting for spring, not sure how harsh the winters are in chicago, but it may be a good idea to put some sort of LSP on your paint prior to the harsh winter weather
Old 08-30-10, 11:54 AM
nevergone
Driver School Candidate

I have Dodo Juice Diamond White and I think the full line is WAAAAY over hyped.
Do they make a good wax? Sure but it's no better than other higher end waxes out there. Plus it doesn't come off as easily as LOTS of others I can think of. We very easily get caught up in the hype of new waxes and their claims but we need to remember that 95% of how a car looks when you're done with it has to do with how you prepped the paint. Of course there's going to be the people that swear it's the greatest thing since sliced bread but our eyes will see what we want them to see to justify the price IMHO. So again, is it a good product? Yes. Is it any better than P21s or similar waxes at half the price? Absolutely not.
Old 08-30-10, 06:27 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, you realize that the only one worth buying in that lineup is Supernatural? I sold my Swissvax Concorso and kept the SN instead. Yes prep does a lot but you'll notice the difference in higher end waxes on a perfect surface
Old 08-30-10, 08:31 PM
nevergone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Lol, you realize that the only one worth buying in that lineup is Supernatural? I sold my Swissvax Concorso and kept the SN instead. Yes prep does a lot but you'll notice the difference in higher end waxes on a perfect surface
I personally haven't noticed enough of a difference in my experience to justify spending $150+ over a $45 wax but again, that's just me. I'll put a black car that I detail and finish off using P21s against any more expensive wax and I'd put money on the table there wouldn't be a noticeable difference over some crazy expensive wax. Also, interesting bit of info...supernatural is basically the same wax as Diamond White. My fav combo these days after a good polishing is sealing the car with Black Fire Wet Diamond and then P21s. On my own car I often don't even use anything after BFWD because the shine and slickness that stuff leaves is insane.
Old 08-31-10, 12:20 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

P21S only lasts 2 weeks max for me and is super heavy on the oils. Supernatural has less oils and lasts 7 months before I took it off. DW does not equate to SN. Different formulation. I'd rather have something that lasts hella long than use a sealant underneath to "enhance" it, which is how I found out Wolfgang Fuzion wasn't worth the hype at all when I tested it out.

If you want "wet", try to get ahold of some Vintage. You'll be impressed by it I'm sure. It makes the paint drip after proper prep by itself and lasts long too. If you want slick, Swissvax Concorso for its slickness and sharpness it adds to reflections. Swissvax has a tendency to sharpen but has a more plastic look. Zymol has a deep shine with slightly out of focus reflections that make it "glow." Supernatural has a look in the middle. Slight glow with somewhat sharper reflections
Old 08-31-10, 08:13 AM
nevergone
Driver School Candidate

I had actually been told by a DoDo Juice rep that even while the formulation my be "different" they are in essence the same waxes. As for SN lasting 7 months I have never heard anyone have that kind of longevity out of it or any other carnauba based wax. Hell, sealants generally won't even last that long. It may be a good wax but the it's still carnauba based. I agree about Swissvax, the sharpening look it gives is similar to the look Zaino Z2 gives. Zymol was nothing impressive at all. It's good enough but again, no better than other waxes in the the $40-$60 range. To each his own. I'll still stand by the fact that 95% of how a car looks when you're done has everything to do with the prep work.
Old 08-31-10, 01:58 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Please remember that temperature and humidity have a factor, as well as the elements. In SoCal weather, it lasts that long. My ES, RX, and clients cars are my test subjects in longevity for me. These are based on those tests in the past few years, which is how I compiled a list of good and poor waxes.

A test you can do on cars you own can be to split it down the middle and do your comparison tests. You notice the subtle differences once they're next to each other. Its how I tested the Victoria Chaos and Mayhem waxes. Pretty cool once you see it