Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Warning: Autopia site may harm your computer

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-10, 04:57 PM
Badmittn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Checked Google suspicious site browser today and it looks as if the infection is growing in intensity and mass.
It has been over a week and not only is the malware still implanted in autopia but they have left the site up and running instead of taking it down for repairs.

Visitors are still being infected with multiple viruses.

The management of autopia.org knows this but apparently does not care.
Some are discribing it as "Weapons Grade Malware".

What is the current listing status for autopia.org?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 827 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 456 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-09-05, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-09-05.
Malicious software includes 8 scripting exploit(s), 8 trojan(s), 6 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 8 domain(s), including plotecco.co.cc/, autourl.in/, browserservices.in/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including plotecco.co.cc/.

This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS31815 (MEDIATEMPLE), AS32244 (LIQUID), AS26496 (PAH).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, autopia.org appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 1 site(s) including stumbleupon.com/.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Old 09-10-10, 07:38 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

autopia is still messed up dont go on it. I went on it with my work laptop the other day and got a virus. I will never go on that site again since they seem to be ignoring the problem.
Old 09-15-10, 04:39 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by flektone
autopia is still messed up dont go on it. I went on it with my work laptop the other day and got a virus. I will never go on that site again since they seem to be ignoring the problem.
+1, My work computer got destroyed, I'm not going back!
Old 09-15-10, 08:52 AM
penone
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaSyce
+1, My work computer got destroyed, I'm not going back!
Same thing happened to me! If my boss ever found out I'd be in big trouble! Still trying to get all of the garbage out. Right now the only problem that I can see is that google is hijacked so any google links I click on go to a site other than the one I am trying to get to. Luckily I was able to get rid of the most annoying part which was anything opening up would be flagged as a virus by that bull****** malware. There should be a special place in hell for the a**holes that created this crap!