Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best Sealant?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-10, 01:27 PM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Optimum Opti-Coat gets my vote. It's durability is measured in years instead of months. It beads like no product I have EVER seen and car washing is definitely easier because the car just doesn't get quite as dirty and cleans easier.

I used and liked the Klasse twins for years, Collinite is also a great long lasting wax, UPGP is great and easy to use as is Opti Seal. I know from many that the Blackfire Wet Diamond is also great. Nothing wrong with any of these but for me none comes close to Opti-Coat.....
Old 09-07-10, 01:42 PM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

opti-coat is great however you need to be a pro or sign a waiver before you buy it.
Old 09-08-10, 10:24 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawTita
Optimum Opti-Coat gets my vote. It's durability is measured in years instead of months. It beads like no product I have EVER seen and car washing is definitely easier because the car just doesn't get quite as dirty and cleans easier.

I used and liked the Klasse twins for years, Collinite is also a great long lasting wax, UPGP is great and easy to use as is Opti Seal. I know from many that the Blackfire Wet Diamond is also great. Nothing wrong with any of these but for me none comes close to Opti-Coat.....
How much did the Opti-Coat end up costing you? I have read you don't have much time to use it when you receive it in a syringe which means it is not for everyone. What was your prep and application process? It sounds really good for people who may have older cars with a bad clearcoat or no clearcoat at all.
Old 09-13-10, 12:02 AM
Badmittn
Driver School Candidate

Out of all that was mentioned the two things I woud stay away from is Klasse products and autopia.org.
Klasse has it's fans but most will say the same thing, " Its all in the prep".
Klasse is not the easiest product to work with. It has a history of problems with build up and swirl marks.
There are much better options.
And with autopia.org you never know when that site has gone viral again, so I would not send anyone there for any reason.
Old 09-15-10, 01:37 PM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

UDel - I keep my car in pretty good condition (clay and polish when needed), wash at least once a week with ONR, and have been using Ultima and Opti-Seal the last couple of years. All that to say my car did not have swirl marks or need a lot of prep. I took it to a professional detailer that was about 50 miles from my house. He washed, lightly polished the whole car, and applied the OptiCoat to my paint, windows, trim, and wheels for $240. I can't tell you how happy I am with it so far. It truly makes cleaning the car much easier, looks great without any topper of wax or sealant, and if it lasts for years then I can say without a doubt the best value of any product I have purchased so far ..... and I have run the gauntlet over the last 7 years.
Old 09-15-10, 07:17 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Badmittn
Out of all that was mentioned the two things I woud stay away from is Klasse products and autopia.org.
Klasse has it's fans but most will say the same thing, " Its all in the prep".
Klasse is not the easiest product to work with. It has a history of problems with build up and swirl marks.
There are much better options.
And with autopia.org you never know when that site has gone viral again, so I would not send anyone there for any reason.
There are many other buying options other than autopia for Klasse.
autogeek.com and amazon.com being two of the many out there.
Old 09-17-10, 08:34 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Don't forget about your forum vendor who are here to support your detailing needs. We do carry Klasse and many other fine brands.

www.ProperAutoCare.com
Old 09-17-10, 09:22 AM
Michael430
Driver School Candidate

+ 1 for ProperAutoCare. Prompt service and reasonable prices. Their 10% discount covered the shipping charges.
Old 09-18-10, 10:11 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you very much Michael430 for you kind comments. Remember everyone we are here to help and find your car care products for your ride......