Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Car Cleaning Supplies

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-10, 12:40 PM
danthedj
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Over the counter stuff is usually a little bit easier on the pocketbook, but a little bit of the professional stuff goes a LONG way if you use it properly.

What did you use for your leather? my leather is hard as a board and i really need to condition it and get my drivers seat fixed (hole in the leather).
Old 09-18-10, 03:21 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by danthedj
What did you use for your leather? my leather is hard as a board and i really need to condition it and get my drivers seat fixed (hole in the leather).
If your leather needs to be conditioned that much, I would highly recommend the Lexol conditioner and use a hair dryer with it. Warm the seat just a bit with the dryer, then spray with the Lexol. Work it in slowly, allowing the warm seat to open up a bit and accept the product easier. Once it has been sufficiently worked in, be sure to repeat, then wipe off any excess. Then don't leave your leather unconditioned for so long.

To the OP: I'd get the same conditioner above. It's a good OTC product, and it's going to allow you about as much laziness as possible where conditioning is concerned. The NXT stuff you bought is pretty decent. Did you buy applicator pads? Terrycloth pads are pretty cheap, and are a good investment if you're not using a machine. I'd recommend these at the very least, along with some decent microfiber and terrycloth towels. Wax goes on with the pad, off with the TC towel, and buff with the MF. If you want a bit more protection, get the Ultimate Quik Detailer from Meguiar's and use with a MF. Great product after a wax application.

Big Mack