Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Interior Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-10, 06:42 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Default ................................................

Last edited by funcrusher; 12-13-15 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-23-10, 10:43 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucas Interior Detailer i know lucas? yeap they have also a quick detailer as well and i love both product . the interior cleaner is great for leather but the trick i use is a toothbrush or something soft and while still wet on the surface just brush over and you'll see the dirty being lifted right off then wipe and bam now for the rest of the car i have beige interior and now it look brand new and rich
Old 09-24-10, 01:53 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

meg's quik interior detailer is multipurpose.
Old 09-24-10, 06:46 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

+1 for Meg's Quik Interior Detailer. This cleaner is my goto for interior cleaning, leather, vinyl and plastic. It has good cleaning power and UVA/UVB protection. It's safe for use on NAV screens and instrument clusters.
Old 09-24-10, 11:33 AM
jfelbab

Meg's QID works on plastics, vinyl, leather, rubber, metal and NAV screens. I use it in my own vehicles weekly. This is an particularly good way to keep your leather in good shape as it removes the dust and dirt that is so abrasive as you slide in and out of the seats.
Old 09-24-10, 11:34 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you truly want a one step product for cleaning and protecting I'd recommend the Optimum (OPT) Opti-Clean. It's a new product that is amazing at cleaning and protecting virtually your entire your interior. Another good option is the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer.

If you want a two step process here is what I would recommend. For the leather use the Poorboy's World Leather Stuff. It's an easy to use leather cleaner and conditioner. After that I use the Einszett 1Z Cockpit Premium on virtually the rest of the entire interior (dashboard, doors, console, doors, trim, etc.). It's a cleaner that can also protect the surface. Best of all it leaves behind a very fresh look but still matte looking. It's not greasy or oily at all and I can't get enough of it.

As always members get 10% off with the coupon code 10offCL. If you have any questions please let me know.

Greg @ DI
Old 09-25-10, 08:59 AM
jfelbab

FWIW, Meg's just introduced QID in 1 or 5 gallon sizes in their Detailer lineup. I use a ton of this so the gallon size is ideal.

Their New Product Announcement:

Old 09-25-10, 10:58 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Oh the "Bi-lingual" is gonna get everybodys attention... lol
Old 09-27-10, 10:57 AM
roccyGs400
Driver

Can I use meguires quick detailer even if it says outside?
Old 09-27-10, 11:03 AM
ISThree
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roccyGs400
Can I use meguires quick detailer even if it says outside?
oh no.
Old 09-27-10, 11:17 AM
roccyGs400
Driver

i know dumb question but i wanted to know i was at autozone but i guess they dont carry it over here so ill have to order it

I just seen criag post that Meguiar's ultimate quik detailer would work but when i read the back of it it said for outside of the car so i was confused and had to ask
Old 09-27-10, 02:28 PM
jfelbab

i know dumb question but i wanted to know i was at autozone but i guess they dont carry it over here so ill have to order it

I just seen criag post that Meguiar's ultimate quik detailer would work but when i read the back of it it said for outside of the car so i was confused and had to ask
I suspect one or more of our vendors here might handle Meg's QID. It should also be available at most auto supply stores locally and perhaps Walmart or Target.

UQD is pretty slick (slippery) stuff and might make your leather seats and/or steering wheel slippery so not a good idea to try this on the interior. UQD also is pretty glossy and could make your dash too shiny and cause glare.

Best to use the right products for the task.
Old 09-27-10, 03:42 PM
roccyGs400
Driver

^^^ thanks man for the input and i figured that but i just wanted to ask questions but yeah im gonna order me some now i need to find away to order the gallon jug of it instead of the small bottles
Old 09-27-10, 04:20 PM
skiptomylo
Driver

^^^ thanks man for the input and i figured that but i just wanted to ask questions but yeah im gonna order me some now i need to find away to order the gallon jug of it instead of the small bottles
If you're just a regular guy with 1 or 2 cars, I don't think you'll need a gallon unless you're OCD and clean the interior twice a day.
Old 09-27-10, 04:43 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by skiptomylo
If you're just a regular guy with 1 or 2 cars, I don't think you'll need a gallon unless you're OCD and clean the interior twice a day.
He's right. Unless you are doing a lot of cars, the smaller bottles go a long way. But if you have leather furniture in your home this stuff works well on them too. There are a lot of things this works well on in the home like computers, LCDs, appliances, pianos, guitars, wood, etc.

Quick Reply: Interior Cleaning