Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CARPET Detailing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-10, 05:32 PM
pilotgsb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CARPET Detailing?

I have pretty bad carpets and I was thinking bout buying new carpets they are soo bad. But if i can save some money buy a diy. My carpets are bad but so is the carpet under the carpet. any shampooing or steamers r any chemical stuff i could look into???
Old 10-02-10, 07:01 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read dis one hyah

Big Mack
Old 10-03-10, 11:22 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as you don't have holes in it you should be able to greatly improve the look of the carpets. First vacuum up the loose debris. Next spray the 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover liberally on the carpets. I use this cleaner on carpets, vinyl, plastic, etc. so it's great all over. It's very safe and highly effective cleaner. Dip your medium to firm bristle brush in some warm/hot water. Scrub the carpets in a logical pattern, then changes directions and repeat as necessary. I've used carpet extractors and I honestly think this does a very comparable job, sometimes an even better job. The bristle brush is critical because you need to get between the fibers and release the deeply embedded debris.
Old 10-03-10, 01:41 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had great results with a method similar to the one described above. I have used woolite with water and scrubbed the carpets well, and used a cheap wet dry vac- mine is armorall branded and it worked wonders. carpet came out looking new. I truly believe that in order to truly clean the carpet, extraction is key- otherwise, you are just redispersing the dirt in a more spread out pattern, but it's still there. You need to suck the dirty water out. My carpets are black. but you can still tell when they are dirty- the fibers don't have that clean shine to them and it looks rather dull. remember to rinse rinse rinse until the white soapy foam is not longer coming up. it may take a few rinse cycles- it did for me.