Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

My car got egged yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-10, 12:15 PM
silvrdakrt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car got egged yesterday

like the title says I came home from work and I was going to put it in my driveway and my fender hood windshield and roof whrere full of eggs. I washed immediately but i noticed theres stains in the paint. Anybody know a good detailer around the 626 area.
Old 10-04-10, 01:35 PM
mario@adam
Former Sponsor

Sorry to hear about that. You did the right thing by washing the car as soon as you could. The unfortunate thing is if the egg is not almost immediately removed it will start etching into the clear coat (which sounds like what happened). My first step would be to try some compound or aggressive polish with a polisher. If that doesn't cut it you might have to resort to wet sanding. Any professional detailer should be able to take care of it for you. One of our team members lives in Rancho Cucamonga, who I know would be able to help you out. Let me know if you need his info.
Old 10-05-10, 09:09 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear this silvrdakrt, I know the best in Southern California. I'll send you a PM with the information.
Old 10-05-10, 10:33 AM
1uzDreamSC
Pole Position

damn that sucks.
last year on Halloween my car got egged so watch out cause that is coming up soon.
Old 10-05-10, 01:54 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Angry

Originally Posted by 1uzDreamSC
damn that sucks.
last year on Halloween my car got egged so watch out cause that is coming up soon.
X 11. Devil's night is always a night to keep the eyes open. Thank God for the garage holding the cars, but I keep a vigilant eye that night to protect my neighborhood, too. I can see TP'ing a tree, maybe even silly stringing a lamp or something that will cause no real harm, but touching someone's property and doing damage that costs money to repair have no place. I never did it, even had many opportunities, but my parents trusted me because I had earned it.

Sorry to hear about your predicament, mang. Hopefully you can get it worked out fairly inexpensively.

Big Mack
Old 10-05-10, 02:38 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I just dont see the value of egging someone's car. I guess thats my opinion. I just dont see any point in it. Good luck with getting this out. I hope its not penetrated the clear coat. By the way it sounds, it already has. Take some before and after pictures, if you can. Good luck. I hope it comes out.
Old 10-05-10, 05:08 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

egging someone's ride serves no purpose, unless it's to really get back at someone you despise. but there are so many better methods to doing so. best of luck trying to get it all out, especially if it penetrated the clear coat. ugh, i love halloween for the candy and cuties in their naughtiest, but if there was one downside to it, it would be the egging, which has happened more often over the past few years on my block. best of luck!
Old 10-05-10, 06:20 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry about the car, that really sucks. The world is full of mean people.
Old 10-05-10, 11:37 PM
mistaxko
Rookie

sorry to hear what happen to your car... i know how that feels. last year while i was driving some stupid kids threw an egg at my car and it left a nice stain near the quarter panel...