Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Blackfire Wet Diamond BFWD in short

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-10, 06:32 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Anyone tried/compared both Blackfire Wet Diamond with Poly and Chemical Guys Jetseal 109? I was thinking of getting my dad a new sealant for Christmas and was wondering how they compare, look, durability, application. I am mainly looking for durability/protection. He uses Zaino right now and is very happy with durability and looks but it is getting a little low and might want to try something different. His cars are black.
I really like both the Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 and the Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger. I've used them both quite a bit and here is my take on them. You need roughly one ounce per coat with both products. Both provide an outstanding shine on all colors and strong protection. However the Wet Diamond seems to be slightly more durable and it costs less so that is probably the deciding factors for me. You can't go wrong with either one but I really love the Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger. If you have any other questions please let us know!
Old 10-15-10, 11:05 AM
expansive
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flektone
I applied BFWD over SRP and noticed some streaking and blotching in some areas. Did I use to much BFWD?
wow thats a funny coincidence because thats exactly what im getting ready to do once i get the Blackfire Kit.

Although, Angelo can you tell me if it's ok to put GEP over SRP? Im going to let the SRP cure for about 24 hours so if i apply the GEP gently over the SRP using a red pad then it shouldnt take the fillers or layer of SRP off right?

EDIT: Also thank you Angelo and PAC for the great service and packaging of the Blackfire kit and the OCW

Last edited by expansive; 10-15-10 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-16-10, 11:20 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 423 Likes on 347 Posts

Those pics are amazing! I've been debating on whether or not buy some since my paint usually looks super glossy after a plain old wash, but the shine is amazing in the pics. I've never seen such a shiny black IS before. I'll probably order some of the Blackfire in the next few weeks.
Old 10-16-10, 02:59 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Ypu can try using another sealant over BFWD, but sometimes they would bond to each other, just wait 24 hours and give it a try. But with BFWD who needs another sealant over it. It just BFWD you get the protection and sharpness with the wetness you want on your ride.
Old 10-16-10, 03:00 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you expansive, for your comment, we always try to make sure every package goes out pack and seal perfect, but if there's a problem remember to always call me at PAC.
Old 10-17-10, 11:55 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by expansive
wow thats a funny coincidence because thats exactly what im getting ready to do once i get the Blackfire Kit.

Although, Angelo can you tell me if it's ok to put GEP over SRP? Im going to let the SRP cure for about 24 hours so if i apply the GEP gently over the SRP using a red pad then it shouldnt take the fillers or layer of SRP off right?

EDIT: Also thank you Angelo and PAC for the great service and packaging of the Blackfire kit and the OCW
I just did my dads Nissian with just BFWD and I wasnt as impressed as pairing it with SRP on my lexus. Srp alone is an amazing product and i was only appling it by hand. It gives a nice deep and dark finish to the paint and its filling capabilities are much better then BFWD. My lexus looks pretty damn good with SRP and BFWD. But I kinda regret not topping SRP with autoglym HD wax. Next spring thats what im going to try next.
Old 10-26-10, 05:51 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Those pics are amazing! I've been debating on whether or not buy some since my paint usually looks super glossy after a plain old wash, but the shine is amazing in the pics. I've never seen such a shiny black IS before. I'll probably order some of the Blackfire in the next few weeks.
Thanks Kira....the BFWD does work
Old 11-24-10, 11:02 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

I see a problem....going to post a picture.
Old 11-24-10, 11:03 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Blackfire Wet Diamond BFWD in short-iiojul.jpg

See the white spots? This is after a rain. The water dried and it has turned in to white spots....
Never had this issue with Klasse.
Old 11-25-10, 07:28 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chikoo

See the white spots? This is after a rain. The water dried and it has turned in to white spots....
thats seems more in the rain or whatever you drove through while raining. I dont have anything like that after using BFWD. My car still looks clean after a rain, lol
Old 11-26-10, 02:22 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg@DI
I really like both the Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 and the Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger. I've used them both quite a bit and here is my take on them. You need roughly one ounce per coat with both products. Both provide an outstanding shine on all colors and strong protection. However the Wet Diamond seems to be slightly more durable and it costs less so that is probably the deciding factors for me. You can't go wrong with either one but I really love the Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger. If you have any other questions please let us know!
Do some Blackfire Wet Diamond bottles have polycharger added and some don't depending on vendors? I notice in your(Detailed image) description you say "Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger" while other places just say Blackfire Wet Diamond and don't mention it has polycharger. Do you add polycharger or extra polycharger to your BlackFire Wet Diamond bottles separately where other places don't or do they all have polycharger added. Just a little confused.
Old 11-26-10, 02:26 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do some Blackfire Wet Diamond bottles have polycharger added and some don't depending on vendors? I notice in your(Detailed image) description you say "Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger" while other places just say Blackfire Wet Diamond and don't mention it has polycharger. Do you add polycharger or extra polycharger to your BlackFire Wet Diamond bottles separately where other places don't or do they all have polycharger added. Just a little confused.
We only carry the Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger, which is made by the mfg with the polycharger. I believe they have phased out the old version without the polycharger, however some companies could possibly have the old version in stock. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg@ DI
Old 11-26-10, 05:34 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo

Those white spots would have nothing to do with a sealant. It could be a number of things like their was some kind of dust/dirt in the air while your car was still wet or dirty rain water was sprayed up on the car which caused those spots when the water dried. It looks exactly like what happens when cars get hit with sprinklers in areas with hard water and the spots that occur when the water evaporates in the sun. If you put a fresh sealant coat on your finish those spots should wash of pretty easily. Either way I have never heard of any kind of sealant doing that to a finish, I would not blame it on BFWD.

I also noticed your tire in the pic has those same white spots so it is not the sealant you used.
Old 11-26-10, 09:32 PM
votru
Lead Lap

Those white spots would have nothing to do with a sealant. It could be a number of things like their was some kind of dust/dirt in the air while your car was still wet or dirty rain water was sprayed up on the car which caused those spots when the water dried. It looks exactly like what happens when cars get hit with sprinklers in areas with hard water and the spots that occur when the water evaporates in the sun. If you put a fresh sealant coat on your finish those spots should wash of pretty easily. Either way I have never heard of any kind of sealant doing that to a finish, I would not blame it on BFWD.

I also noticed your tire in the pic has those same white spots so it is not the sealant you used.
Completely agree and very good catch on the tire .
Old 11-27-10, 11:00 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Good catch indeed.
Thanks guys. What the eye does not see, the camera seems to capture it.

Quick Reply: Blackfire Wet Diamond BFWD in short