Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Blackfire Wet Diamond BFWD in short

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-10, 05:40 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Blackfire Wet Diamond BFWD in short

My first use of BFWD....nice...very slick

Blackfire Wet Diamond BFWD in short-v9rvxl.jpg
Old 10-09-10, 06:05 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

• Blackfire Wet Diamond BFWD in short-coxchl.jpg
Old 10-09-10, 06:47 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you apply it, hand or machine? DId you use a cleaner/polish before or just BFWD?
Old 10-09-10, 07:31 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Washed it armorall car wash. Dried it with microfiber towels. Applied by hand using mf towel and removed it using another mf towel. That is it.
Old 10-09-10, 07:51 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Attachment 503395
Old 10-09-10, 11:08 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

looks great! been using BFWD since I've had my black ride, and it is absolutely stunning! it definitely shows in the pics!
Old 10-10-10, 12:17 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Last edited by chikoo; 10-11-10 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-10-10, 12:17 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Blackfire Wet Diamond BFWD in short-bycoal.jpg
Old 10-11-10, 04:49 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the photos chikoo, and yes Blackfire Wet Diamond will look awesome on any vehicle color on the market. Remember we are the makers of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection.

Last edited by Angelo; 10-11-10 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-11-10, 11:20 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those pictures look awesome, thank you for the updates! The Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger is easily one of my favorite sealants that always looks good. If you have any questions please let us know!
Old 10-12-10, 06:05 AM
expansive
Driver School Candidate

omg that looks so beautiful. Very very nice Chikoo. Blackfire is my next order and hopefully it will be my last one for the year. Then again, i said the same thing before my last order
Old 10-12-10, 02:21 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I applied BFWD over SRP and noticed some streaking and blotching in some areas. Did I use to much BFWD?
Old 10-13-10, 07:17 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, always apply BFWD thin by hand and let to haze then buff off. I always recommend 2 coats. P.S. Always shake the bottle before use.
Old 10-13-10, 11:12 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flektone
I applied BFWD over SRP and noticed some streaking and blotching in some areas. Did I use to much BFWD?
It could be a couple of different factors. If you did not fully remove the SRP it could be some of that left on the surface. I would suggest going back over the entire vehicle very carefully before applying any sealant or wax. You can even use a 50/50 mix of water and isopropyl alcohol or Menzerna Top Inspection Spray if you want to ensure nothing is left on the surface after using a clay bar and/or polish. You can only use these products after a clay bar and polishes, because it will strip off glazes, sealants and waxes, which you are trying to layer.

Another option is you applied too much BFWD or didn't remove it all. I usually need one ounce or less for an average size car. It should spread relatively thin for best results. Applying extra product has no added benefit and will increase the chances of leaving streaks behind. I would suggest spraying a very light mist of a quick detailer on a microfiber towel and wiping those areas to remove left over product. It's also possible your removal towel was too saturated with product to do a good job. I generally fold my DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel in fourths so you get 8 fresh surfaces and it's not overly concentrated in the center of the towel. Using quality microfiber towels is also critical to do an effective and safe job. Using two or more towels to remove the excess product also makes it much easier. I hope this info was helpful!
Old 10-13-10, 12:59 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Anyone tried/compared both Blackfire Wet Diamond with Poly and Chemical Guys Jetseal 109? I was thinking of getting my dad a new sealant for Christmas and was wondering how they compare, look, durability, application. I am mainly looking for durability/protection. He uses Zaino right now and is very happy with durability and looks but it is getting a little low and might want to try something different. His cars are black.

Quick Reply: Blackfire Wet Diamond BFWD in short