Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Pinnacle vs. Zaino vs. Formula 113

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-02, 09:47 AM
Need For Speed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pinnacle vs. Zaino vs. Formula 113

I have a question for u people.
I have a 2001 Millenium Silver GS and I would like to know which is a better wax to use to bring out a brilliant luster/deep look and which will last longer?
My Dad & I also collect Corvettes and a couple of them are dark colors, which one would bring out the deep look in those?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-05-02, 03:15 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Don't know about the other waxes, but my 430 is MilSil and, with Zaino, even my non-gearhead wife, unprompted, noticed that the shine was different/better than the carnuba base I'd been using before.

Plus, the stuff really does last as long as Sal claims. I rewax twice a year only because his site suggests it for daily drivers, but at 6 months, the water still beads just as it does when fresh waxed and feels as smooth to the touch.

Great stuff for MilSil and Pearl White (HER RX); there'll be other posters to reply about darker colors, for sure.
Old 08-07-02, 02:43 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I am a pinnacle fan
Old 08-08-02, 05:33 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zaino

I'd venture to say that almost everyone that has tried Zaino has stayed with it. You can do a search for "Zaino" and see how many references you find - and how many are committed to it. I've used all of the stuff available at the local parts stores and nothing compares. It really puts a deep shine on (especially) dark colors and it lasts a long time too - a bonus. To be honest, it does take some effort to get the first layer down. It's easy on and off but it's a multi-step process. Try it!