Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-11, 02:39 AM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts
Default ................................................

Last edited by funcrusher; 12-13-15 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-02-11, 04:11 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Skip the Chemical Guys Sofast Odor Eater and go right to the Chemical Guys Extreme Offensive Odor Eliminator - Concentrated. It's a powerful cleaner that can kill the bacteria causing the smell.
Old 01-02-11, 09:35 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

You need to spray it where the vomit bacteria is, but I would be very careful with it on leather. Test in an inconspicuous area first, following directions.

I would also recommend getting the carpets and seats cleaned by a professional if this doesn't work. An extractor will do wonders on getting the vomit smell out.

Also, time to let whoever vomited in the car pony up (unless they were physically ill, not from partying). No excuse for getting that intoxicated, but hopefully you were DD keeping people safe.

Big Mack
Old 01-03-11, 05:45 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by funcrusher
I'm ordering it right now! Do I spray it on the mats?? Will it mess my leather up if I do the seats?
I would try to first remove the worst of the build up with a wet dry vac. After that pull the mats out and spray your mats and carpets directly. Agitate them with a brush in multiple different directions to get the product in between the fibers. For the rest of the console area I spray some on a microfiber towel and wipe that area down. For the leather I would test the product on the least visible area possible first to make sure it's not harming the leather. You can also dilute this product down 3:1 (water:cleaner) if desired and for extra safety on the leather. After you are done leave the doors open is possible the help ventilate the area. Good luck!
Old 01-03-11, 02:56 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Test in an inconspicuous area first, following directions.
Read that. Then do it accordingly
Old 01-03-11, 04:24 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Some used car dealers use an ozone generator to get odors out of cars. I believe they usually leave it run overnight - sometimes 2 days if necessary. Would that work on puke?
Old 01-04-11, 08:14 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Thanks man. So spraying this product and febreeze on the mats won't stain them or anything like that?
Febreeze is nice smelling but in my experience it won't kill the source. The CG products smells great so you may not even need the Febreeze at all. The CG products I referenced shouldn't affect the mats. With any new product I always recommend using common sense and just test it on a small area first. However I've never heard of any issues with these products and I don't have any reasons to worry.
Old 01-04-11, 06:41 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

man thats so nasty LOL...
Old 01-04-11, 07:30 PM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Some used car dealers use an ozone generator to get odors out of cars. I believe they usually leave it run overnight - sometimes 2 days if necessary. Would that work on puke?
When I detailed, they used to call them smoke bombs. They do not work. They leave an unnatural smell in the car that is even more difficult to get out than anything it's suposed to work on. Simple Green at full strength (don't drench) on the spot(s). Spray as a mist and wipe as you spray or else the drying action will cause those weird drying lines that look like stains. Do not leave the window up if you can help it. And don't run the A/C until the smell is gone to your satisfaction. Or else it will circulate though the vents. G/L.
Old 01-12-11, 08:11 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Greg - I just got it in the mail. Is it necessary to mix it with water? I'm going to spray in on my mats and underneath them (carpet area). I'm not going to use it on my leather or anywhere else
You can try it diluted first to see how that does. If you are not using it on the leather then a fully concentrated application should be fine. As I always say with any new product be careful with using it on a new surface. Also just in case anyone wanted to know if you do get a horrible smell coming through your vents we do have the highly effective Einszett 1Z Klima-Cleaner AC Odor Remover. You just essentially spray it in your vents and you are all set. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg
Old 01-13-11, 12:52 PM
airvtec
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Febreeze plus Arm & Hammer.
Old 01-17-11, 05:21 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Greg - I've been having the outside air circulating since new years. Should I re circulate the air inside already since I used the spray?
I believe it should be fine now to use either way. Test it out and monitor the results like always! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 01-21-11, 07:10 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear you found a solution for such a difficult problem. If you ever have any other detailing questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Greg