Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Ferrari 458 Italia: Full wet sand and detail in South Florida

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-11, 12:59 AM
ILL250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

simply beautiful! great work!
Old 02-03-11, 07:12 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

FANTASTIC job! I never would've guessed that a Ferrari's paint would have that much orange peel from factory.
Old 02-03-11, 08:13 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow there went an hour of my morning but well spent!

Hey man, do you only work on exotics? I have been looking for a detail for my car ever since I got it 2 months ago, visited many shops and different prices, however you being a member on here and the fact that you just made my favorite car my MORE favorite car I want to see if you would be willing to work on my IS350.

Are you up north florida or south?
Old 02-03-11, 01:12 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Todd is located in Central Florida and travels our great state working on many vehicles for folks here, PM him as he is working on a Ferrari as I type this........................Angelo
Old 02-05-11, 01:42 PM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by UDel
Beautiful job. I can't imagine spending that much time wetsanding such an expensive new car. It is a shame such an expensive rare car like a 458 came from the factory with such a poor finish in need of so much work. I hope Ferrari/the Dealer were going to reimburse the owner in some way for all the work that needed to be done. That orange peel was worse then most regular cars I have seen/detailed and totally unacceptable for a new Ferrari.
Thank you for the compliments. Actually the Ferrari dealers reply was "don't flatten the paint too much or it won't look like a Ferrari!"

Originally Posted by Nok99
That is some amazing work you did there! props to you!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
oh my... back hurts just looking at all the work you put in~
LOL my back still hurts. But I am lucky to have such a fun job, it rarely feels like worK!

Originally Posted by mclovintsx
Wow, nice work and badass car!
Gracious!

Originally Posted by ILL250
simply beautiful! great work!
Grazie!

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
FANTASTIC job! I never would've guessed that a Ferrari's paint would have that much orange peel from factory.
Ferrari's are FAR from perfect from the factory. While they are (for the most part) mass produced, they still have that hand built, small factory "charm"

[QUOTE=Vroomin350;6117000]wow there went an hour of my morning but well spent!

Hey man, do you only work on exotics? I have been looking for a detail for my car ever since I got it 2 months ago, visited many shops and different prices, however you being a member on here and the fact that you just made my favorite car my MORE favorite car I want to see if you would be willing to work on my IS350.

Are you up north florida or south?[/QUOTE

Thank you for the compliments. I have clients all over the state, in some other states, and some other countries. I tend to work on mostly exotics or super rare cars, but this is not really by choice. One of my favorite details was on a Honda Pilot that had sentimental value to the owner. The only requirement for me is that my client loves his car enough to entrust my care.