Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Right time to paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-11, 12:28 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right time to paint

When is it the cheapest time to get a car painted? I'm looking for a time when there the least accidents and ppl having their car in the body shop.. So I know I can get some good deals out the paint shop when they are looking for customers.
Old 03-04-11, 09:30 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the reason no one has answered this question is pretty much because there is no answer...i.e. it's kind of like asking "what's the best time to die" to get a break from the funeral home.

Body shops bread & butter are insurance claims work, and they happen 24/7...it never stops, day or night, so they always have work, at least the good shops anyway.

Just get some suggestions on "good" shops from friends & neighbors, or go to a car show and ask there, then get 3 or 4 estimates from those shops.

That's about as good as you're going to get as to the best price.. Good luck!
Old 03-04-11, 12:33 PM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Guitarman
I think the reason no one has answered this question is pretty much because there is no answer...i.e. it's kind of like asking "what's the best time to die" to get a break from the funeral home.

Body shops bread & butter are insurance claims work, and they happen 24/7...it never stops, day or night, so they always have work, at least the good shops anyway.

Just get some suggestions on "good" shops from friends & neighbors, or go to a car show and ask there, then get 3 or 4 estimates from those shops.

This is an excellent answer. To supplement, see if you can get some of the smaller dents/dimples massaged out by paintless dent reair and get a detail with a major compounding or even wetsanding (shops call it 'paint correction' now) to improve the condition of your old paint. The less prep work you leave the shop to do, the less the body shop can charge you for.
Old 03-06-11, 06:28 PM
DetailMan
Driver

Originally Posted by horent135
When is it the cheapest time to get a car painted? I'm looking for a time when there the least accidents and ppl having their car in the body shop.. So I know I can get some good deals out the paint shop when they are looking for customers.
Where in VA are you?
Old 03-07-11, 07:07 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DetailMan
Where in VA are you?
Chantilly/Sterling area.
Old 03-07-11, 07:09 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Guitarman

That is true, but there are tons of body shop around my area, and I know some are dying for some customers to keep up with their cost. I know there will be always be accidents but depending on the weather location, it could effect that too. Maybe I am thinking over the summer, where there no snow or rain because that when the most accidents occur.
Old 03-07-11, 09:50 AM
DetailMan
Driver

Originally Posted by horent135
Chantilly/Sterling area.
Not sure how much you're willing to spend. But if you want a high quality job go to D&V Auto Body.