Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

quick detail spray for wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-11, 01:49 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default quick detail spray for wheels

I was wondering if theres any kind of quick detail spray for rims? I sometimes want to give it a quick touchup before meets/shows but wasn't sure if I could use my meguiars ultimate quick detailer on my rims or not. Looking for a quick detailer specifically made for wheels

Chime in please
Old 03-08-11, 05:31 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent123
I was wondering if theres any kind of quick detail spray for rims? I sometimes want to give it a quick touchup before meets/shows but wasn't sure if I could use my meguiars ultimate quick detailer on my rims or not. Looking for a quick detailer specifically made for wheels

Chime in please
There sure is and it's a pretty good one. Meguiar's Quick Wheel Detailer. It leaves the wheels very slippery and brake dust rinses off much easier after application. I do use my regular sealant on the wheels about 2-3 times a year and this as a weekly maintenance product.

Old 03-09-11, 06:45 PM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the info, i checked my local autozone / walmart but they didnt carry these. Is it special order or should I just order it online?
Old 03-09-11, 06:52 PM
jfelbab

I find it a my local WalMart
Old 03-09-11, 09:04 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

I wonder what the difference is between a regular QD and a wheel QD? Does the wheels QD have more powerful anti-streaking properties? I usually just use (Optimum No-Rinse) ONR diluted in a 32OZ bottle for any quick detailing on the entire car or winter rinseless washing. It's also AMAZING as clay lube. You can't buy it over-the-counter, but most detailing sites will have it. Buy a gallon and it will last you a LONG time if you only have one or a couple of cars.
Old 03-10-11, 06:13 AM
jfelbab

The differences that I see are QWD has very strong cleaning ability and an extremely slippery finish after application. Regular QD's seem to clean only ok, but not as well on light brake dust and they do not leave the wheel feeling as slippery.
Old 03-10-11, 07:55 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
The differences that I see are QWD has very strong cleaning ability and an extremely slippery finish after application. Regular QD's seem to clean only ok, but not as well on light brake dust and they do not leave the wheel feeling as slippery.
I am surprised you would need a strong cleaner on Lexus wheels. From my experience, most German cars have that issue. I corrected my friend's new 3-series and nothing would even touch his wheels except the Sonax, the brake dust was baked on so bad. I never needed anything that strong on Toyotas or Lexus. Even when I had my HP brake pads, it wasn't nearly as bad as the German cars. I always get away with ONR for any quick detail stuff, if you've never tried it I highly recommend it!

Good luck!
Old 03-10-11, 09:29 AM
jfelbab

I do a lot of cars, not just my own.

I retired my detailing business last year after 48 years of detailing. Being retired, I only now do a few cars every month but my family is always asking if I have the time to spiff up their cars. LOL! Both of my sons have BMW's. Here is the eldest sons after a recent detail.

I've tried ONR and it's good, not my favorite but it works well.
Old 03-10-11, 10:52 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

What about OID?
Old 03-11-11, 09:38 AM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
What about OID?
Optimum Instant Detailer?

This works great on my wheels, as does ONR diluted to QD strength. While it is conviceable that a wheel detailer could work better on wheels, if you need something that strong than you really need to wash them IMO.
Old 03-11-11, 05:41 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by Todd@ProperAutoCare
This works great on my wheels, as does ONR diluted to QD strength. While it is conviceable that a wheel detailer could work better on wheels, if you need something that strong than you really need to wash them IMO.
I think you meant conceivable (), but isn't the entire point of a wheel detailer to keep them clean after they are washed? I wouldn't dream of using QWD (which no local stores now carry for some reason) before washing the wheels and polishing them. That's my upcoming weekend project for the rides, too, so this is very timely. I'll be cleaning the insides and coating them with the QWD as usual. Keeps them looking sharp.

Big Mack
Old 03-11-11, 07:11 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can just wash off the wheels with regular Meguairs car wash soap if i use this after every cleaning:

http://www.mrsmoneysaver.com/wp-cont...protectant.jpg

I just put some on last weekend, i'll try and get a pic of how it looks now (after 600 miles )
Old 03-11-11, 09:24 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

That's why you use THIS: http://www.armorall.com/products/vie...FQ12gwod4WUqFA
Old 03-12-11, 02:57 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

That looks to be the best performing armorall product to date!!! Sweet!! I have to get some of this.
Old 03-12-11, 03:11 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's SO worth it. I got a few cans at Walmart it was like $8.50 each tho =/. But each can covers all the rims at least 2-3 times and you can wash the brake dust and crap off afterwards with only soap and water!

Quick Reply: quick detail spray for wheels