Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Alabaster interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-11, 07:17 PM
freeflight
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Alabaster interior

My car comes with Alabaster Leather interior, looks great, but a pain to keep it clean.

Lexus recommends a mix of mild wool detergent with water to clean the leather. I think there must be a better (less crude) product to clean and condition the leather. The plastic trim gets dirty easily as well. I tried to wipe it with a wet towel, but sometimes that doesn't cut it.

What do you use to clean the leather and interior trims? Any tips? Thanks.

Kevin
Old 04-16-11, 04:25 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would clean the vinyl, plastic and fabrics with the highly effective and very versatile 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover. It's a gentle cleaner that works extremely well all over the interior.

For the seats I would clean and condition them with Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil. It's a great formula to use on new and old leather so it can remain flexible yet strong. It's made from all natural ingredients so it doesn't have any strong chemical cleaning agents.

To block out UV rays and prevent slow fading on the seats, dashboard, console, etc. try the Optimum Protectant Plus (Leather Protectant). It leaves a great matte finish that is not greasy or oily. Save 10% off with the coupon code 10offCL if interested. If you have any questions please let me know.

Greg @ DI