Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Waxes

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-02, 07:25 PM
smooth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waxes

Has anyone used Zainobros wax before
Old 09-16-02, 07:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,338 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Smooth,

Many folks here have. To get even more responses to your question, try posting it (or a moderator may move it) to the new section on ClubLexus specifically for this type of post...

Click here for Automotive Care and Detailing section
Old 09-16-02, 10:57 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Zaino Bros' products are not wax...rather a polymer sealant. To me, it's just another popular product amongst car enthusiasts.

What would you like to know other than if anyone has used it?

I am a Carnauba user...Any Zainoheads out there?
Old 09-16-02, 11:11 PM
LexGS3
Driver

I actually bought of bunch of their products and used it on my silver gs on saturday. I was very happy with the results. nice and smooth finish and a great shine.
Old 09-17-02, 12:27 AM
Likecars
Rookie

Yes they are outstanding products. Having said that I base it on what I want in a wax/polymer. I want a product that feels slick post washing, beads like crazy, and gives an awesome look.

You may prefer water to sheet off your car, z may not be for you.

Other products I have been pleased with:
Klasse All in One and Klasse Sealant Glaze
Pinnicle Souveran and Paste Glaze

Mothers has a good line.

Meq's #20 Polymer and #26 Carnuba work well.

What color is your car? How much time do you like to spend detailing? Weekly, Monthly, Once a year? Several factors to consider.
Old 09-17-02, 06:53 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Zaino is very popular on this forum. If you use search function, there have been plenty of discussions in the past and I'll bet they've not made it over to the new "Automotive Care and Detailing" forum.

I've got Zaino on both my MilSil GS430 and my wife's CrysWhite RX. Both cars almost seem to glow as if lit from within to the point that even my non-gearhead wife noticed that her RX looked different (btw, it's a 99 with 48k miles that was first done with Zaino at about 30k) and better than it ever had after other products. I only do both cars every 6 months, using Z6 after I wash in between. They still bead as if freshly waxed at 6 months.

Some here (younger than me, more time available presumably) go for multiple layers of Z2 and Z6. I'm totally satisifed with my one layer and Zaino has actually cut down on the amount of time necessary to keep the cars looking perfect. It is the easiest product to remove that I've ever used (and if you've ever spent a couple of hours removing a freshly applied wax job, you know what I mean).

Zaino's web site does an excellent job of explaining all of their products and, should you have questions, Sal Zaino answers email back within a couple of hours!! Some of the claims on the site sound like the usual advertising puffed-up horseschit, but (for the products I've actually used) my experience is that they ARE accurate statements of what this stuff can do. Plus, altho there are only one or two distributors outside of their home base and no credit card or e-payment capability, Sal has shipped my orders without waiting for my personal check to clear!!!! (I thought it was a fluke the first time, but I've ordered twice since with same result.)

As you can tell, I'm a Zainoholic!!! Certainly there are other great products out there (and some will swear by them), but Zaino provides exactly what I'm looking for in a wax, so I'm staying with it.