Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Cleaning Interior of 2011 IS C 250

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-11, 11:32 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smackman
Are my seats coated with vinyl?
Looks like you have a 2IS in your avatar. so yes.
Old 07-25-11, 01:15 AM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Overall Interior: Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer

Leather: Meguiar's APC/QID then Meguiars Gold Class Conditioner Lotion

Windows: Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate or NXT Glass Cleaner

Best Wax: Meguiars Ultimate Wax

For Glossy Plastic: Supreme Shine Protectant, or Ultimate Protectant Spray

For Rich look: Natural Shine Protectant.
Old 07-25-11, 04:21 AM
smackman
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jetfire
Looks like you have a 2IS in your avatar. so yes.
2011 1S 250 Convertible.
Old 07-25-11, 09:29 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off armoral is fine. but i only do my dash, door panels, and plastics once a year with it. in between all you need is a damp microfiber to wipe down the inside of your car including leather seats. tough stains/spills use some megs interior detailer. if you keep up on it like I do and wipe down the inside of your car every other week or so it will always look brand new.
Old 07-25-11, 12:12 PM
froboy272
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your looking for quality products with strong durability I would use the following.

Dash: 1z Cockpit Premium - Can be used on any interior surface safely with a matte finish and UV protection

Leather: You can use the Leatherique System or the Leather Masters System. I personally use Leather Masters Vital, followed by Protection twice a year. All you need in between is a damp microfiber towel wipe down.

Glass: Stoners Invisible Glass or Prima Clarity. Use the smallest amount possible to get the glass clean. Use a fresh towel. You will almost always get residue from your dash product on the windshield when getting all the way in the front so you want to clean your glass last.

Wax: For Durability you cannot beat the protection of Collinite 845. Its ease of use and results cannot be beat esp for the price. For a summer wax or more of an "Eye Candy" wax I use Lusso Oro. Lusso Oro goes a long way and looks amazing.

Place an order from Phil @ DetailersDomain.com and you can get everything you need with $8.88 flat rate shipping and there is also a 10% off code for forum members!
Old 07-25-11, 02:55 PM
eighty5iv
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jw669
For leather cleaning.. Leatherique pristine clean & rejuvenator followed by Einzette leather conditioner works great (and smells greater). 303 for the dash panels. Single application for a matte finish, double application for a more glossy finish.

303 works great as a tire shine/UV protector as well!
I've never used 303 but I have heard good things about it, and some people swear by it. My only concern about it is the use of ease. Is it easily applicable and easily wipe away? I've tried a ton of products and eventually stayed with Adam's stuff just cause it worked well and was not a PITA to apply and wipe off like a bunch of other stuff I tried.
Old 07-25-11, 10:43 PM
jw669
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by eighty5iv
I've never used 303 but I have heard good things about it, and some people swear by it. My only concern about it is the use of ease. Is it easily applicable and easily wipe away? I've tried a ton of products and eventually stayed with Adam's stuff just cause it worked well and was not a PITA to apply and wipe off like a bunch of other stuff I tried.
303 is very easy to use. I find it easier to just give your towel 2-3 sprits and then just wipe away! If you want a more glossy finish, give it a few minutes to dry and give it another coat. No buffing necessary
Old 08-07-11, 03:53 PM
ARehman
Rookie

I use DP total interior cleaner, follow that up with poorboys natural look dressing which I then buff off so that there is no shine at all. I also have various vent brushes that I use to clean the stereo and crevices. I clean my leather with Zaino Z9 and then condition with Z10 which brings back the new leather scent in my car. I make sure to brush the carpets and then vaccum with a shop vac with various attachments. I also clean the windows too with Surf City glass cleaner. I do that process about once every month or two and use Meguiars quick interior detailer weekly and vacuum it and clean glass as needed.