Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Bio-Kleen (Non-Toxic) Wax

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-11, 08:06 PM
CloudNine7
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bio-Kleen (Non-Toxic) Wax

Has anyone here tried Bio-Kleen products? They are non-toxic, which I really like as I'm health conscious. I've heard some awesome reviews of these products on other forums. I'm looking to buy an SC400 soon, and I want to take really good care of the paint job, but I want something easy. Supposedly, I can use their Polish & Sealant (regular wax) 2-4 times a year, and their Qwik Shine (spray wax) in between. Would be interested in comments from any Lexus owners who have tried or are using these products!
Old 08-06-11, 11:31 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

I got some detailing products for sale either brand new or barely used. PM me if interested.
Old 08-09-11, 02:55 PM
CloudNine7
Rookie

Thanks GS4! Any non-toxic products? I think I'll order these Bio-Kleen products soon. I will definitely post about how I like them.
Old 08-09-11, 09:34 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

If you are interested in other "green" or environmentally friendly products, you can look into a brand called "Eco Touch". Autogeek sells their line of products.

Optimum also makes a good amount of biodegradable products such as the popular Optimum Power Clean (OPC) or Optimum No-Rinse (ONR) since you are eliminating water runoff that is usually associated with traditional washing methods. Both products are extremely economical if bought in gallons, both could be diluted to different strengths, and you can pretty much use them (properly diluted) on any surface without harm.
Old 08-09-11, 10:04 PM
CloudNine7
Rookie

Thank you soooo much! I google searched non-toxic waxes,and never found Eco-Touch. I "almost" bought Bio-Kleen today - have the products in my online cart actually! The Eco-Touch products sound amazing and so much simpler to use! I love the idea of a waterless carwash, and just using spray wax sounds so nice. Have you used them? I just might end up ordering these two items soon. I will also check out the Optimum products. Thanks again!!! Really appreciate it!
Old 09-09-12, 12:05 PM
CloudNine7
Rookie

So I never posted to say how I liked the product! Sorry about that!!

Bio-Kleens Qwik Shine:
This stuff is absolutely amazing, and you can apply is all over the car--inside and out. If you have any rubber bumpers on your car (I had them on the car I sold before buying my SC) this product is better than anything I've tried for making them look like new again. My bumpers were looking dried out and faded, but this restored them and actually lasted as well. It worked so well that I gave my bottle of Qwik Shine to the new owner so he could keep the bumpers looking like new. ha!

Qwik Shine is easy to wipe on and off your car, but it doesn't protect your car like traditional wax.

Bio-Kleen Polish & Sealant:
This certainly works and protects your car, but for me, it was hard to buff. I kept finding patches of dried wax that didn't get buffed that looked like corrosion--and these little patches were hard to buff!! I haven't used this again, though I may attempt it again soon this Fall.

Lucas Speed Wax (Not All Natural, but is Eco Friendly):
This is a quick and easy wax that does protect your paint, so I have been using this, as there is no problem with having to "buff" it. However, I do wish it were a more natural product.

Eco-Touch Quick Wax (Spray):
I just purchased this. I am so in hopes that it will be easy to buff out--if so, this is what I will use. I will try to remember to post back soon saying how I like it.
Old 09-19-12, 11:50 AM
CloudNine7
Rookie

Ok, so I got my Eco-Touch Quick Wax over the weekend and tried it out yesterday. I absolutely LOVE this stuff!!! It was quick to wipe on, and "effortless" to buff out with a microfiber cloth. The buffing is what I always find so hard about traditional wax, but this is no problem. I also love that I can get it anywhere on my car, so it doesn't matter if it gets on any dark areas--it's not going to dry "white." I even put it on my front windshield. I poured water on afterwards, and it beaded up nicely--no water sheets.

Eco-Touch Quick Wax is my new wax for sure. It'll be interesting to see how long I can go before I need to reapply it (I'm guessing 2-4 weeks), but even so, it's so quick to put on that it shouldn't be an issue even if it doesn't last as long.