Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best Product for the Interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-02, 10:58 PM
eddied106
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Product for the Interior

Which product will give my interior the highest longer lasting shine, for the door panels and the dash.
Old 09-24-02, 11:31 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eddie,

You ask for the best product for the interior, but want the "highest longer lasting shine".

IMO, shine on the dashboard is not necessarily a good thing. I don't want to see my dashboard reflected in my windshield.

My favorite protectant is Vinylex Spray by Lexol.

I get it at Pep Boys...I use it every 4-5 weeks. UV protection, essential oils, anti-static (It really helps keep dust off...I mean really) and it leaves a soft, low-gloss finish.

I recommend it highly...It's the best.
Wipe on with a clean towel, flip the towel to buff (if you want to) and you're done.
http://www.lexol.com/vinindex.html

If shine is your goal, try Armor All Detailer's Advantage Protectant. It's oily, attracts dust and you have to apply it weekly, but it's some slick, shiny stuff. The problem is for previously untreated surfaces, AA recommends three applications...Apply, let penetrate for 30 minutes and wipe off excess. Three times.
http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/index.html
Old 09-25-02, 12:37 AM
eddied106
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Thx, I think I'll go wit the amorall for now and see how that goes, I really like the high gloss even thou I got a beige interior, thx for the info.............................
Old 09-25-02, 12:09 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

With the high gloss stuff like ArmorAll, you'll end up with a lot of outgassed crap on the inside of your windshield; get ready for lots of fun smearing it around!
Old 09-25-02, 01:10 PM
aharper
Driver School Candidate

The downside to using ArmorAll is that your dash will most likely become addicted to it. I noticed on many of my prior vehicles that once I start using ArmorAll it seems that I need to re-add at every car wash because my dash looked like it was desperate for something wet. The dash dried and cracked without continually adding it.

On my SC and Expedition I decided to try and see how good it would last by simply using a Cali Car Duster on the dash to wipe it off... I like the clean, but not shiny look much better.

Good luck.