Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: Cigars, Cigarettes, Tiparillos?
I smoke, but not in my Lexus
12.66%
I smoke in my Lexus and let others do it, too
14.18%
I smoke in in my Lexus, but no one else can
8.00%
I don't smoke, either in or out of my Lexus
4.36%
I don't smoke, and don't care if others do it in my Lexus
0.91%
I don't smoke, but I have rarely let others do it in my Lexus
2.33%
I don't smoke, and nobody smokes in my Lexus
37.89%
I don't smoke, and nobody should smoke around me
19.66%
Voters: 987. You may not vote on this poll

Smoking in Your Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-06, 02:52 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

No Smoking in my car please! .
Old 03-07-06, 07:59 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

smoking in a car is a terrible thing

when i was looking for a GS i came across a beautiful 01 gs430 that looked great from the outside, but when i looked inside... the ashtrays were stuffed full and filthy, there was ash everywhere, and there was burns in the headliner and leather surfaces. and then there was that smell. ... just ruined
Old 03-07-06, 03:31 PM
parula
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smoking should be banned everywhere - especially cars! I saw a youngish woman smoking in her car the other day with about a 2-year-old strapped in the backseat, sickening.
Old 04-30-06, 02:37 PM
Gix3
Rookie

Anyone can smoke in my car as long as they give me one
Old 05-21-06, 04:55 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parula
Smoking should be banned everywhere - especially cars! I saw a youngish woman smoking in her car the other day with about a 2-year-old strapped in the backseat, sickening.
Yep, pretty disgusting all right. I see the same thing occasionally too. Like shouldn't that be considered inhumane and illegal to forceably strap a child into a very small space like the back seat of a vehicle where they can't escape and then make them breathe in toxic fumes?
I do think that people who smoke are in general, finding the lifestyle increasingly hard to manage. For instance, I was sitting in my car in a store parking lot waiting for a friend who was inside. This other car pulled up and parked close by and one of the two occupants lit up a cigarette as soon as he got out of the car (obviously not allowed to smoke IN the car) and took as many puffs off it as he could before having to put it out before going inside the store. The same two guys came out of the store 5 minutes later, and again the smoker lit up right away and sucked back as much tar and nicotine as he could on the way to the car, and then had to put it out again before he got in and they drove off........I just shook my head and chuckled to myself.
Old 05-21-06, 07:09 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

For my entire life I had very strong feelings towards smokers as I felt they would be better served to just go jump off a bridge and save themselves and their families the grief of going through the complications smokers endure later in life. Until......I went to a stop smoking class with someone and the one thing I learned out of all of this is that these are still people and really want to stop smoking (for those in the class) but the addiction is stronger then drugs. I do wish them the best as society is turning up its nose to smokers from coast to coast and seemingly rendering smokers to a lower class plus the obvious health benefits.
That said, never will someone smoke in my car and they all know it.
Old 05-21-06, 07:40 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
For my entire life I had very strong feelings towards smokers as I felt they would be better served to just go jump off a bridge and save themselves and their families the grief of going through the complications smokers endure later in life. Until......I went to a stop smoking class with someone and the one thing I learned out of all of this is that these are still people and really want to stop smoking (for those in the class) but the addiction is stronger then drugs. I do wish them the best as society is turning up its nose to smokers from coast to coast and seemingly rendering smokers to a lower class plus the obvious health benefits.
That said, never will someone smoke in my car and they all know it.
I agree that smokers are people too.....some of whom are totally ambivolent?......inconsiderate?.......Oblivious?...or to be more polite simply unaware of their addiction's affect on those around them. There is someone in our office building who WILL NOT go outside to smoke, even on beautiful days, but instead goes into the common washroom, locks the door, and lights up. And then leaves the washroom with the window closed so the next poor shmuck gets to gag on his smoke. THAT is the type of person I have very little (if any) tolerance for......be they considered as victims of their own addiction or not.

Last edited by Lexucan; 05-25-06 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-30-06, 09:35 PM
Cecioboe
Driver School Candidate

I don't smoke but my huband does. When he drives my car - as rare as that is - I am sure he smokes in it. After all, it is his car too.
Old 06-15-06, 03:33 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 149 Posts

2nd LS. I smoke about a pack a day, (sometimes less), I have never had a smoke in any of my Lexus cars. My old chevys, fords, Hondas, I smoked in, never in a Lexus.

Just my 0.02
Old 06-15-06, 06:18 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by teeman3
to smoke or not to smoke? I respect those who don't smoke in their lex and other cars.
I've never smoked in my Toyota Avalon. But being a cigar aficionado, I only smoke the best premium cigars that money can buy, Cubans and OpusX. And you know what? whether it's a convertible or hard top, the smell gets thru the AC vents and blows out that tobacco smell all the time. I'm gonna have to find a solution for that. Other than that, cleaning the leather, carpets, dash seems to bring back the new car smell. If I cannot smoke in HEAVEN, then I shall not GO!

teeman3
Wow....you must really LOVE cigars to have a quote about them right in your signature! I really can't imagine what the overwhelming attraction could be to inhaling smoke. If you think about it, it's a pretty ridiculous thing to do. But then, spending thousands of dollars on a luxury vehicle like a Lexus when one could buy a beater for $100 that would probably get from "a" to "b" just as fast might seem ridiculous in the eyes of some ppl too. I guess it's all relative, isn't it

Last edited by Lexucan; 06-15-06 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-21-06, 09:18 AM
LexusLimit
Driver

No smoking in my car, but every once in a while I may allow it.
Old 06-21-06, 10:40 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carpe Diem
Of the people responding:

"I don't smoke, and nobody should smoke around me"

How many of you are ex-smokers?

Somehow having had the habit and taken the cure makes tobacco smoke smell double ugly!
I'm trying to quit right now. Today is the 3rd nicotine free day so far... wish me luck ! I've made it to the 3rd day a couple times and then failed then. I really need to not have anything for 2-3 weeks and then hopefully the cravings will stop. I've been smoking for a couple months. I'm not terribly addicted. 4-5 a day max, usually about 3, but sometimes if I didn't smoke all day I would get very cranky..

I've also started running again to provide motivation to quit smoking. Running definitely helps.. After a hard workout, you're so sore, and your lungs are so sore, and you feel like you're getting healthy again.. you don't want to fill your lungs with smoke..

I never smoked in the Lex. I would always park and stand outside my car and smoke. Never while driving.
Old 06-21-06, 10:47 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Suneet
I'm trying to quit right now. Today is the 3rd nicotine free day so far... wish me luck ! I've made it to the 3rd day a couple times and then failed then. I really need to not have anything for 2-3 weeks and then hopefully the cravings will stop. I've been smoking for a couple months. I'm not terribly addicted. 4-5 a day max, usually about 3, but sometimes if I didn't smoke all day I would get very cranky..

I've also started running again to provide motivation to quit smoking. Running definitely helps.. After a hard workout, you're so sore, and your lungs are so sore, and you feel like you're getting healthy again.. you don't want to fill your lungs with smoke..

I never smoked in the Lex. I would always park and stand outside my car and smoke. Never while driving.
Stick to it. Nobody can/will stop this nasty and disgusting habit unless they really want to quit and it seems you do. I completed a stop smoking course not too long ago-not for me-and I learned a bit about this habit that gave me some insight as to why people get addicted. The tobacco industry should be treated the same as drug cartels.
Stick to the program and you will persevere.
Lee
Old 06-21-06, 11:28 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

helllllllllllll NOOO def. not in the car
Old 06-29-06, 09:55 AM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

I smoke in my GS but only when I'm in the car for a long period of time, like traffic quick trips to LA/Irvine for business. Other then that my friends smoke in the car but only at low speeds, like city streets etc (they smoke way more then I do) I don't mind them smoking I just tell them you burn my ***** you pay for the new part

Quick Reply: Smoking in Your Lexus?