Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: Cigars, Cigarettes, Tiparillos?
I smoke, but not in my Lexus
12.66%
I smoke in my Lexus and let others do it, too
14.18%
I smoke in in my Lexus, but no one else can
8.00%
I don't smoke, either in or out of my Lexus
4.36%
I don't smoke, and don't care if others do it in my Lexus
0.91%
I don't smoke, but I have rarely let others do it in my Lexus
2.33%
I don't smoke, and nobody smokes in my Lexus
37.89%
I don't smoke, and nobody should smoke around me
19.66%
Voters: 987. You may not vote on this poll

Smoking in Your Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-02, 09:54 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Do You/People Smoke in Your Lexus?

<cough>Well, do ya?</cough>
Old 09-27-02, 03:23 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm guilty of smoking in my Lexus, I have a hard time driving without smoking, they just go together for me. I'm real careful though, almost 1 year without a single burn. I let other people smoke in the car, but they know how **** I am and that I'd probably kill them if they burnt the car so they are real careful too. Hopefully I can keep it burn free, but as long as I'm still smoking, I can't help smoking in the car.
Old 09-27-02, 09:40 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Love all the polls Paddy, how about one for eating/drinking or cell phone usage?

Overclocker
Old 09-27-02, 03:48 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Kyle, you might not have burns, but you definitely will have the smell............you won't notice it, but any non-smoker will.
Old 09-27-02, 05:37 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I hate smoking, and the scent, gross!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-02, 08:11 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default On the subject of smoking...

How about GAS STATION ATTENDANTS who smoke while fueling up your LEX??? I had a bonehead do it to me a few weeks back. Freshly lit cigarette hanging out of mouth, you know the 'cool' James-Dean-hanging-from-the-lips look (hey, I used to smoke too, I know it well). Guy was about 50 years old too, thought he would've known better. I considered just shooting us both on the spot, I'd really hate to go up in flames. Lit cigarette was about 1 foot from the gas nozzle at one point. Nothing like the anxiety of signing the gas receipt while Smokerman is giving you that blank stare...never wrote so fast in my life. So I'm more worried about smoking THE CAR than smoking IN THE CAR these days. Is gas not as volatile as I remember it??? Or maybe it's the anti-burn additives that they put in it now, must be new technology. No wonder we need all the high-tech stuff to make the thing go...

Wonder if he smokes a cigar to celebrate when the tanker truck shows up for a fuel delivery?
Old 09-28-02, 12:13 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: On the subject of smoking...

Originally posted by engin_ear
How about GAS STATION ATTENDANTS who smoke while fueling up your LEX??? I had a bonehead do it to me a few weeks back. Freshly lit cigarette hanging out of mouth, you know the 'cool' James-Dean-hanging-from-the-lips look (hey, I used to smoke too, I know it well). Guy was about 50 years old too, thought he would've known better. I considered just shooting us both on the spot, I'd really hate to go up in flames. Lit cigarette was about 1 foot from the gas nozzle at one point. Nothing like the anxiety of signing the gas receipt while Smokerman is giving you that blank stare...never wrote so fast in my life. So I'm more worried about smoking THE CAR than smoking IN THE CAR these days. Is gas not as volatile as I remember it??? Or maybe it's the anti-burn additives that they put in it now, must be new technology. No wonder we need all the high-tech stuff to make the thing go...

Wonder if he smokes a cigar to celebrate when the tanker truck shows up for a fuel delivery?
That man is just plain STUPID!!!!!!
Old 09-30-02, 02:22 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by mooretorque
Kyle, you might not have burns, but you definitely will have the smell............you won't notice it, but any non-smoker will.
Yeah, I can't argue with that.
Old 10-02-02, 12:42 AM
strongsail
Instructor

Oh man, I remember gassing up on a hot day years ago before vapor recovery - you can smell gas in the air, the vapors rising in the heat, and this moron is walking toward my car about to light a cig - and I am screaming GET THE **** AWAY FROM THE CAR DON'T LIGHT THAT - and he's looking at me scared and clueless, what is this madman screaming about?

Morons. They're Everywhere.

Last edited by strongsail; 10-02-02 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-02-02, 12:23 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's the things that Darwin used to speak about, except for the minor point that when they do this stuff, they take you out with them...
Old 10-15-02, 04:06 PM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I smoke in the Lexi but not cigarettes :eek:
Old 10-16-02, 03:57 PM
LunaR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to confess that I smoke in my Lex and let others smoke too. One time I had a friend burn my passenger sun visor so I made him buy me a replacement one from the dealership.
Old 10-19-02, 06:09 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I smoke cig., but not in my Lex. If I go to the grocery store I will park my car far away from the entrance this way it give me enough time to finish my smoke before I get in the car or I have to throw it away with 1/2 filter left.
Old 01-09-03, 10:47 PM
BlvdKing
Driver

Default cigars

I smoke cigars (ocassionally) but I would never dream of having one in the Lex!!If anyone lit up in my car I would leave them wherever I was, even if I drove a Pinto. I hate the smell it just ruins the car. Even the cigar smell sometimes bothers me when I have one outside and I have to just put it out.
Old 01-16-03, 12:16 PM
dgtbullet
Pole Position

Smoke what is my question
no cigs but the herbals are fine with me

Quick Reply: Smoking in Your Lexus?