Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

q about Leatherique Rejuvenator product..

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11, 11:04 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default q about Leatherique Rejuvenator product..

ok so i have this coupon but i can only get one product n i was thinking of getting Leatherique Rejuvenator. But they have 2 products : Leatherique Rejuvenator Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil..i know for best result i should get both but due to cost and stuff, can i buy Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and then after that apply something like Meguiars Leather cleaner or Auto Glym leather cleaner that i have??..here are the instructions from Autogeek website :

" Step 1.
Vacuum the surface of the upholstered piece or interior well or use a soft brush to remove large particles of dirt, paying particular attention to seams, folds, and cracks.

Step 2.
Apply the Rejuvenator Oil liberally (about 4 oz. per seat) with a Sponge Brush or your hands; massaging the oil well into all the surfaces and natural folds of the leather, this puts natural ingredients, not harsh cleaner, back into the leather and forces out dirt. You may also use a soft sea sponge, or a soft paint type brush. One of our Rolls Royce friends, Chuck Hull of Simi Valley, California suggests a spray bottle, which can be purchased at the local home center. Also apply the Rejuvenator Oil liberally nearer the stitched areas as the conditioner will be able to migrate laterally well into the hide. Park the car in the sun with the windows rolled up to create a “steam room” for as long as practical, several hours or a day. (Allow the oil to be absorbed into the fibrous side of the leather before putting the top down in a convertible.) Direct sun is the worst enemy of any automobile interior or home upholstery. Do not place home or office leather upholstery in direct sun. For “cardboard hard” leather, several applications will be necessary. Patience will be rewarded with good results.

Step 3.
After the ph correct proteins and collagens from the Rejuvenator Oil have permeated back into the pours and fibers of the leather, strengthening and nourishing them, the surface may be tacky, sticky, gritty, or have a white haze. This is simply the dirt, grime, air pollution, perspiration, salts and other toxins that have floated out of the leather to the surface. Apply Prestine Clean by putting it in a Spray Bottle then wipe off with a SOFT lint free cloth. For tough dirt or vinyl or vinyl tops, brush the cleaner into the grain of the leather or vinyl with a soft bath brush or toothbrush. Let stand for a few minutes, usually by the time you are done with the next piece, and wipe the surface with a soft cloth Your car or upholstered leather piece will appreciate the “face lift” and will have the new leather smell restored. Prestine Clean will not remove the conditioner permeated into the leather. This process may be used on MB Tex vinyl areas to soften and condition. Even flexibility on rubber window trim can be maintained with Prestine Clean. "
Old 09-27-11, 12:08 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

This is all you need to know about the Leatherique twins (courtesy of Detailed Image):

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...r-care-how-to/

I have followed these steps and it works like magic every time.

Good luck.