Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Any1 know of any good Leather cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-11, 02:23 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any1 know of any good Leather cleaner?

I want to clean my leather in the SC has any1 got any recomendations for what product to use? not really concerned with the price as long as its quick and shows results. thanks guys!
Old 10-03-11, 02:25 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

leatherique
Old 10-03-11, 03:32 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexol leather cleaner
Old 10-03-11, 04:53 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Lexol makes a quality product.

Auto Glym Leather Balm is another good one, but it's more of a maintenance treatment you should use after a thorough cleaning -- Especially good for keeping your rear seats from drying out.
Old 10-03-11, 05:07 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Simple green mixed with water 1:1 ratio scrub with a sponge then wipe off dry after that add leather conditioner.
Old 10-03-11, 05:36 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator is all you need.

It's a bit of a messy process, definitely not quick, and requires high temperatures (70-90+ degree Fahrenheit for BEST results). You can still get decent results in lower temps, but not as good as on a hot humid summer day.

If your seats are severely cracked, or have dye coming off or fading off, no leather cleaning or conditioning product will help.

If you're in a rush and want a great all around interior cleaner, order a gallon of Autoglym Interior Shampoo. It can be diluted up to 10:1 with water and works awesome on all interior surfaces including leather. I use it with amazing results, but for leather I prefer the Leatherique simply because it's the best of the best.
Old 10-03-11, 05:47 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yup leatherique it is!! m going to order the "treatment package" one next week or so
Old 10-03-11, 08:45 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoy the Leatherique. I found it too messy and time consuming for my tastes and switched to Leather Masters trio. I haven't looked back since
Old 10-03-11, 11:12 PM
Cope
Rookie

Lexol. Easy to use
Old 10-04-11, 05:52 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Quick and easy, that would be either Woolite and water (1:10 solution) or Leather Masters Strong Leather Cleaner. Follow with Leather Masters Protection Cream. Fast, easy and effective. FWIW, no conditioner I've ever used will stop dye transfer. If you have light colored leather, Leather Masters Protection Cream is a must-have, IMHO.

I'd suggest cleaning a small 1'x1' section at a time. Use a foam applicator pad. Wet it with the detergent and squeeze it several times to generate a lot of foam and then apply to the soiled leather. Don't over wet the area. Let the foam mix dwell for a minute then wipe up and inspect. If clean, follow with a damp, wrung out cotton towel to remove all traces of the detergent. If not clean, you might need to agitate the soiled area with a soft bristle nylon brush. Buff dry and continue on to finish the car. When done, let it dry for several minutes and then apply the LM Protection Cream with a soft lintless cloth or foam applicator. Apply thin and work it in. Wait around 10-15 minutes and gently buff with a clean, soft 100% cotton towel.

Weekly maintenance... Vacuum and wipe the leather down with a damp 100% cotton towel or one misted with Meguiar's QID if you want to add some UV protection.

I apply the LM Protection Cream every other month and use QID to wipe down the leather as part of my weekly wash routine. I have a collector car that is 20 years old and the leather looks like the day it rolled off the showroom floor. I also use this process on several pieces of leather furniture in the home, one of with is also over 20 years old. If you think you may keep the car for some time, using the best products and diligence to maintain it will pay off.

Last edited by jfelbab; 10-04-11 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-04-11, 08:52 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

I can definitely tell you one brand not to use , and that is Meguiars Gold Class Leather cleaner / conditioner. See what it has done to my leather. I think it's best to use if your Leather is like really soaked in dirt for 10 years. I think Meguiars is too strong for normal use.

See what happened to my seats of 2 years.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...her-seats.html
Old 10-04-11, 12:36 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stanjohn12
I can definitely tell you one brand not to use , and that is Meguiars Gold Class Leather cleaner / conditioner. See what it has done to my leather. I think it's best to use if your Leather is like really soaked in dirt for 10 years. I think Meguiars is too strong for normal use.

See what happened to my seats of 2 years.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...her-seats.html
Unfortunately you were unlucky. MANY have used it in the past so it is unfair to bash an entire brand due to just your own experience. Give Meguiars Hotline a call and they will take care of you
Old 10-05-11, 12:28 PM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Unfortunately you were unlucky. MANY have used it in the past so it is unfair to bash an entire brand due to just your own experience. Give Meguiars Hotline a call and they will take care of you
No I'm just talking about their Leather lineup. Haven't used their gold glaze swirl remover 2.0 yet. I'm not planning to take another risk without proper research again on whatever products I buy.
Old 10-05-11, 03:37 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stanjohn12
No I'm just talking about their Leather lineup. Haven't used their gold glaze swirl remover 2.0 yet. I'm not planning to take another risk without proper research again on whatever products I buy.
The leather line up is perfectly fine for most cars, which is why I say you are unlucky. If you're interested in their swirl removers, take a look at SwirlX, ScratchX, and Ultimate Compound. Please do make sure you do a test spot this time around tho . I'll endorse those as well as most Megs products from personal experience
Old 10-05-11, 07:11 PM
LDNN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used Meguiars leather conditioner on my GS300 for four years without any problems and now on my IS250.

Quick Reply: Any1 know of any good Leather cleaner?