Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

WAX, whats the best that you have found

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-11, 01:04 PM
Stopitnow
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WAX, whats the best that you have found

Post detailed results, and useful information in the wax that you find to have the best results.

I have found that since I have a black car, that the Turtle WAX Black Box is extremely effective in producing a show car shine , without the effort.

This will help to aid others in prolonging the life of their paint, to use a a reference for the best wax for their color, and location.

Ill have pictures up soon, but until then show everybody what wax you prefer and why
Old 10-12-11, 01:07 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Next time give "Swissvax Crystal Rock" a try... it should yield better results and it lasts longer.
Old 10-12-11, 01:19 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopitnow
Post detailed results, and useful information in the wax that you find to have the best results.

I have found that since I have a black car, that the Turtle WAX Black Box is extremely effective in producing a show car shine , without the effort.

This will help to aid others in prolonging the life of their paint, to use a a reference for the best wax for their color, and location.

Ill have pictures up soon, but until then show everybody what wax you prefer and why
It contains a ton of fillers but for someone who doesn't want to go through an all day effort of polishing it's not bad!

I usually use menzerna polishes followed by and paint sealant by menzerna as well. Then I top it off with with any of my 5 waxes lol.

XMT180 last a good while and if you have a metallic paint job the flakes POP

Meguiars professional series sealant/wax I forget the number 12 or 26.. I think is pretty good as well (Hi tech wax) Its usually in a different section then the rest of the waxes and cleaning supplies. Tan bottle

But I really love my liquid souvern wax. Makes reds and blacks look super wet especially after I lay down a coat of Menzerna Powerlock paint sealant then souvern

Last edited by Justin727; 10-31-11 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-12-11, 10:43 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that you had good intentions through this OP but I'll assure you that you'll get mixed results. Some people may have luck with one product and others may have had a bad experience with the same product. May I suggest your own review of the wax with detailed instructions and pictures? If you upload it to CL's picture database it'll be here for a long time for many people to see who are interested in the wax

Sides, the best way to prolong the life of the paint is to maintain it properly. Any wax will due since almost all of the "look" is based on prep (clay, compound, polish, finish)
Old 10-12-11, 11:43 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,845 Likes on 2,404 Posts

There is no such thing as "best wax". It depends on what you are looking for, best shine, longest lasting, easiest to put on, contains cleaners or no. Many variables.
Old 10-13-11, 07:13 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Best at what? Best at protection? Durability? Deep wet look? Reflectivity? Ease of Application? Ease of Removal? Best on light colors, dark colors or best on metallic paints?

No one wax is best at all of these and to compound that issue, people have different tastes on appearance. Then there is the fact that different products act differently in different environments. Will the wax encounter 100° F weather? Sub zero temps? Snow, Road salt? Dust storms? Acid rain? Arid conditions? Monsoons?

Add to that the fact that most of the appearance of your car's finish is developed during the prep and the wax is basically a microscopically thin sacrificial layer that sort of protects the appearance generated in the prep stages.

IMO, there is no best wax for all these variables. You will find a lot of users who have favorites and yet I've done a couple of double blind wax tests among a group of five friends and not a one could repeatedly identify the wax used on their cars. The source of a stunning show car look is the prep, not the wax.
Old 10-13-11, 07:34 AM
NJLEXES
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Prep is definitely important. IF you want great durability, I use Collonite Fleetwax #885 paste.
It's pure Carnauba wax...no cleaners.
Only drawback/issue to be careful is with this wax you DON'T leave it on until it dries to a haze.
If you do, good luck trying to get it off !
Old 10-17-11, 07:43 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. Ultimate, long lasting protection. Looks *can* be great if the surface is prepped properly. Top that with Optimum Car Wax liquid. Goes on and comes off like quick detailer and is an excellent gloss enhancer.
Old 10-17-11, 08:34 AM
Dutchie101
Driver

Dodo Juice Light Fantastic. Beautiful wet depth, superb gloss, very easy application and buffing. No haze. I also have a panel pot of Dodo Juice Supernatural here to try next wax on the LS430. Supernatural is apparently as good if not better than the uber expensive waxes (i.e. AU$1400 Crystal Rock)..
Old 10-27-11, 06:48 AM
LexyISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dutchie101
Dodo Juice Light Fantastic. Beautiful wet depth, superb gloss, very easy application and buffing. No haze. I also have a panel pot of Dodo Juice Supernatural here to try next wax on the LS430. Supernatural is apparently as good if not better than the uber expensive waxes (i.e. AU$1400 Crystal Rock)..
nah, I found SN crap. Looks just the same as chem guys 5050. Glad you only got a panel pot to try, I did, and gave it away. When I say crap, I mean not deep and wet looking like I like.
Old 10-27-11, 06:53 AM
LexyISF
Pole Position

To the op, I have a black car too (starlight black), and I go for the deep and wet look.

The best wax for this is pinnacle souveran, but it has very crap durability. My choice and favorite is Victoria Wax Concours. It's got the looks, and it actually lasts.

If you are after durability, you'll be best going for a sealant.
Old 10-27-11, 11:53 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Zaino sealant.
Old 10-28-11, 09:22 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

KLASSE AIO

It is not a Wax, but Acrylic Polish and it provides me a wonderful balance of these questions below

Best at protection? Durability? Deep wet look? Reflectivity? Ease of Application?
http://www.detailedimage.com/Klasse-...O-P54/Reviews/

Product Description
This is one of the premier one step products in the detailing industry for its amazing ability to polish and protect in one easy application. Klasse All In One is a non-abrasive polish that will remove oxidation, old wax, bug smear, and some fine swirls, scratches and tar. This step will really brighten the paint and really make it "pop" again. While it cleans the paint's surface it also leaves valuable protection from its specially formulated acrylic coating. Klasse All In One is a sealant that is extremely durable and will protect your paint for months to come. It will protect far longer than natural waxes against fading from the sun, moisture, oxidation, salt water, pollution, bug smear, and other build ups. It applies extremely easy and thin so you get a great value from just one bottle. You can also protect metal surfaces, door jambs, coated plastics and more. Give your painted surfaces and more everything they need in one simple step!
Old 10-29-11, 12:51 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexyISF
nah, I found SN crap. Looks just the same as chem guys 5050. Glad you only got a panel pot to try, I did, and gave it away. When I say crap, I mean not deep and wet looking like I like.
Opinions vary between users of course, but I found with proper prep, it does have a slight edge over most waxes in its price range. Of course, that may also be due to it being special edition. Anyhow, SN makes it glow and is sharp. It appears more like a sealant than an actual carnauba. 6 months of protection (when I leave it on that long) too
Old 10-30-11, 09:20 PM
LexyISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Opinions vary between users of course, but I found with proper prep, it does have a slight edge over most waxes in its price range. Of course, that may also be due to it being special edition. Anyhow, SN makes it glow and is sharp. It appears more like a sealant than an actual carnauba. 6 months of protection (when I leave it on that long) too
Yep, certainly crisp and clear. Doesn't mute the paint at all. I was just disappointed in it because CG5050 was exactly the same, and I don't really like that either. That's why its great they sell sample pots!

Quick Reply: WAX, whats the best that you have found