Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

what's the best Leather cleaner/conditioner for SC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-02, 04:40 AM
JJRHO
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's the best Leather cleaner/conditioner for SC?

i have an Ecru interior. I like it but for the obvious issues . . . dirt shows easier. what's the best product/way to clean the leather and what's good for conditioning it?
jag/connely has 'leather food' as sold by dealer which is a hydrocarbon based conditioner... soaks into the leather and does NOT feel greasy or oily. . . i use it on my black interior xjr. . .
Lexol feels oily/sticky... used it on my black leather japanese car.
I used some leather clearner from eagle on my Yukon - works but it leaves the leather DRY. . .

Would appreciate comments on this issue for our SC/lexus leather.

thanks

J. Rho
'02 SC Silver/Ecru, stock, 40 PSI does feel better somewhat.
Old 10-09-02, 12:59 PM
roncali
Driver School Candidate

I don't know if it's "the best", but I just used the Zaino leather products on my new SC interior this weekend, and was very pleased with the results. The cleaner is spray on, wipe off. They suggest working it in with a brush in heavily soiled areas. The conditioner is super-easy to use...no buffing required. It left my leather with a great supple feel - not at all greasy.
Old 10-09-02, 06:10 PM
bengreen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use "Hide Care".......Got it from, you should pardon the expression, Jaguar parts dept..... Its excellent....Round 16 bucks for small jar...but you just need to use a little......it even smells like leather.
Old 10-10-02, 08:59 PM
TOPLEXS
Driver

Cool

For quick clean-ups, Meguiars makes a can of pop up wipes with leather cleaner/treatment. Works well to refresh my seats, or to scrub off little smudges. Takes only a mumute, and does not leave the seat greasy.
For a more through cleaning, I also would have to go with Zaino. They also make a serious glass cleaner polisher.
Old 10-10-02, 10:21 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Lexus Leather Conditioner

I use the Lexus Leather Conditioner bought from the Lexus Dealer parts dept. It is made/endorsed by the same company that provides the leather to Lexus. It's LANOLIN BASED - No wax, no oil, no silicone - very light and smooth - not harsh - it allows the leather to breathe. GREAT STUFF!!!!! I have been using it for 5 years! It moisturizes and protects the leather - making it feel buttery-soft.

http://www.vistadirect.net/Catalog/L...her%20Care.htm

Last edited by Gekko; 10-10-02 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-10-02, 10:41 PM
JerseySC
Rookie

Thumbs up

I use Lexol leather cleaner and Lexol leather conditioner on my ecru interior.
So far I'm 110% satisfied!
Old 10-11-02, 01:37 PM
young
Driver School Candidate

how about leatherique?

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...threadid=19805
Old 10-11-02, 05:07 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The McGuire wipes are pretty good for cleaning, just like the Armorall ones. I like the Lexol conditioner. It really softens the leather and smells nice (like leather.....but then again you all knew that, right ?)
Old 10-12-02, 03:45 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Zaino Z10 leather in a bottle.. Hands down is my favourite.. Mothers was nice too but left the seats too greasy but the coco butter smell I loved..
Old 10-13-02, 12:19 PM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I also have an ecru interior SC430 -- I use Zaino Z9/10 exclusively for reasons cited above -- not greasy, great smell, and appears to do the job for me. On my RX300 (tan leather), I use Imperial Leather -- works well to help restore/treat the leather (very different type than in the SC430), but must be left for nearly a day to dry after application.
Old 03-28-04, 02:57 PM
Lex in Tex
Rookie

Hi guys! i just picked up my GS300 yesterday and i need to detail the interior. i've got a brand new bottle of Lexol and wondering if I should go ahead and use it OR JUST WAIT and BUY LEXUS leather stuff from the dealership?? Is there much of a difference in the actual chemicals, or are they pretty much the same? i don't mind saving the lexol for other projects if it's going to make a difference..
Old 03-28-04, 07:22 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase, LexinTex! I used Lexol for a year on my SC430 and was very satisfied with the results. The leather still looked new when I traded it. I have now used it for 6 months on my GS300 and am very satisfied as well.
Old 03-28-04, 08:01 PM
Lex in Tex
Rookie

THANK YOU! i will post a whole thread dedicated to the purchase, but i'm so busy brainstorming what to do to it, first!! i left at 4:30 from austin to pick it up, yesterday (saturday). 4 hours each way, and then had to work delivery in austin for 5 hours . i was tired.
Old 03-28-04, 09:29 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Zaino Z10 leather in a bottle.. Hands down is my favourite.. Mothers was nice too but left the seats too greasy but the coco butter smell I loved..

Old 03-29-04, 08:11 AM
SeattleGS400
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Lex in Tex
Hi guys! i just picked up my GS300 yesterday and i need to detail the interior. i've got a brand new bottle of Lexol and wondering if I should go ahead and use it OR JUST WAIT and BUY LEXUS leather stuff from the dealership?? Is there much of a difference in the actual chemicals, or are they pretty much the same? i don't mind saving the lexol for other projects if it's going to make a difference..
I've used Lexol, Meguiar's and Eagle One in the past, but I've found that the Lexus leather conditioner works better than the others. Why? Less greasy feeling, and it actually works to soften the leather. I even use the Lexus brand leather conditioner on other brands of cars and it works great. It's about $12 for a bottle.

Quick Reply: what's the best Leather cleaner/conditioner for SC?