Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: How often do you clean/condition your leather seats?
As Needed
16.09%
Weekly
10.73%
Monthly
24.46%
Every 3 Months
19.96%
Every 6 Months
12.66%
Once a Year
8.58%
Never
7.51%
Voters: 466. You may not vote on this poll

Cleaning & Conditioning Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 02:24 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Took the Leatherique plunge

After reading nothing but good reviews for Leatherique, I took the $70 plunge.

I ordered Leatherique today, can't wait for it to arrive. The value pack of 32 oz. of both the Rejuvinator Oil and the Pristine Clean for $50 sounded like a good deal, but then shipping and handling ended up being $20 extra! Is that the customary shipping charge? Are there other vendors besides ordering it direct? Oh well, hope it's still warm and sunny when it arrives, can't wait to try it out.
Old 10-08-03, 05:38 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts
Default Re: Leather Seats - Cleaning/Conditioning

Originally posted by Daddy-O

edit 7/3/03-I'm using Duragloss 221/222 leather conditioner now. Wow 2X
Hey JJ, where can I buy that conditioner? Anyplace online? Right now I a musing Meguirs Leather conditioner and I thought that was wow............
Old 10-16-03, 09:00 AM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leatherique is the best man.. it does wonders on my 1991 LS

heres the best price i found with cheap shipping. I got mine from here

http://coventryperformance.com/
Old 10-16-03, 04:36 PM
parula
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

p451, looks like I gotta get this, tks.
Old 10-16-03, 07:32 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Leatherique--Big Thumbs Up

I've been having great luck with the Leatherique, too. I wish there were more warm sunny days to do some more treatments. Thanks for the link Persian451, and I'm glad you're having good results, too . Shipping there is only $12 to my ZIP code (vs. $20 direct from Leatherique), but they don't offer the discount for buying the Rejuvinator and Pristine Clean together, so it comes out $6 cheaper for me to buy direct.

This stuff is great--leaves seats soft and matte! No ugly white residue in seams (like Meguiars or Connolly), no stickiness (like Lexol), no bad smell (like Connolly), and best of all, the stuff softens the leather tons better than any of the other brands. I would have saved tons of money if I had gone straight for the Leatherique, instead of buying tons of Lexol, Meguiars, Mothers, Zymol, and Connolly (I'm forgetting at least one other brand I've tried prior to Leatherique, I'm sure )
Old 10-27-03, 07:08 PM
Hopeful
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connolly leather

Since our Lexus cars don't have Connolly leather, is it ok to use Leatherique? From what I read on another thread, our leather is dyed/colored(?) so that the color fades over time? I've tried Connolly Hide Food, another brand that Daddy-O recommended (the name escapes me) and Zaino's leather cleaner. Of the three, the Zaino's the best but I'm wondering if Leatherique will really get my beige seats clean and remove those "lines" that have appeared from getting in and out of the car.
Old 10-28-03, 02:33 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Connolly leather

Originally posted by Hopeful
Since our Lexus cars don't have Connolly leather, is it ok to use Leatherique? From what I read on another thread, our leather is dyed/colored(?) so that the color fades over time? I've tried Connolly Hide Food, another brand that Daddy-O recommended (the name escapes me) and Zaino's leather cleaner. Of the three, the Zaino's the best but I'm wondering if Leatherique will really get my beige seats clean and remove those "lines" that have appeared from getting in and out of the car.
Yes, you can use Leatherique on your Lexus leather. As I posted earlier in this thread I've had great success with Leatherique on my ivory leather seats. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that tried it and didn't think it was the best leather cleaner/conditioner they've ever used. It really deep cleans the leather better than any other cleaner on the market without exception AND gives the leather that soft supple feel by replenishing the oils. However, if you have lines then no cleaner or conditioner is going to fix that. You can however use Leatherique's crack filler to fix them permanently. This will require you to send thema 1inch square piece of your leather so they can match it perfectly. I've never used this but have heard/read that it is permanent and will last as long as the original leather.

Jeremy
Old 10-28-03, 08:57 AM
Hopeful
Rookie

Default 1 inch piece of leather?

Where am I suppose to get a 1 inch piece of leather without putting a hole in the chair?

This would be to get rid of those lines in the bolster and sides of the chair, right? (I'm sure most of you have them also.)
Old 10-28-03, 09:02 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: 1 inch piece of leather?

Where am I suppose to get a 1 inch piece of leather without putting a hole in the chair?

This would be to get rid of those lines in the bolster and sides of the chair, right? (I'm sure most of you have them also.)
Yeah, I know. You'll have to cut out a section from the underside of the seat where you won't notice it or remove the leather seat cover and cut it out from the inside if you can.
Old 10-28-03, 11:32 AM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Hopeful, if you have a car that happens to have removeable rear headrests, you could try pulling the cover off one of them and sending it out for the color match.
Old 10-28-03, 11:36 AM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

i know on the LS if you remove the rear seat, there is always a little patch or piece of leather left behind for color matching. at least that was the case for my LS...
Old 10-28-03, 07:43 PM
Hopeful
Rookie

Default Too scary!

All that removing and cutting is too scary for me! I can't even fathom taking the cover off the headrest of my little baby. How would I get it back on?!

Thanks for the suggestion. Guess I'll just keep to the cleaning and conditioning. So are the two products all I need--the oil and the cleaner?

linda
Old 10-29-03, 02:37 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Yep, just the rejuvinator oil and the prestine clean. That's it.
Old 10-29-03, 03:54 AM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Too scary!

All that removing and cutting is too scary for me! I can't even fathom taking the cover off the headrest of my little baby. How would I get it back on?!

Thanks for the suggestion. Guess I'll just keep to the cleaning and conditioning. So are the two products all I need--the oil and the cleaner?

linda
just try removing the backseat, there is bound to be an extra piece there without damaging the seats itself.
Old 06-20-04, 04:17 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Going with Daddy-O's recommendation of Duragloss 221 leather conditioner, I bought some of that and their 441 leatehr shampoo this weekend. And WOW, this stuff is awesome!! SoooOOOOOoooOOOO much better than Lexol...SO MUCH better. Smells good too. I would also highly recommend the 441 cleaner. Thank you Daddy-O and thank you Duragloss.

Quick Reply: Cleaning & Conditioning Leather Seats